RD0194’s DO IT!!

Options
2»

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    1C's are definitely worth recapping. It transforms them since the original caps are past their prime and new caps are superior to the ones manufactured 20+ years ago. It's is a larger expense, but it's 1000% worth it. The changes are not subtle, they sound fantastic!!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Agree with the substantial improvement with crossover upgrades.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • percivilla
    percivilla Posts: 18
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Break in is absolutely a real thing with these! They probably have around 100 hours on them now and I’ve really noticed a change over the past week or so. Drums and cymbals especially really coming forward and sounding a lot more present.

I wasn’t listening for it either as I was more than satisfied with the sound. It just occurred to me one day that the higher frequencies were more forward on familiar material. All of it in a good way. Not too forward, just right.

Astoundingly clear and non fatiguing. You can listen to music for hours, amazed by the detail, and still want to keep listening, then realize you should probably go to bed...

Yes I will be recapping them at some point, but not in a rush.