Car Accident

2»

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Although there is no way to prove it, I bet the idiot was on his phone rather than watching the road!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    Loren. Sorry to hear about your wreck. Get a lawyer and document everything. My experience that when it rains in SoCal people just can’t drive and everyone is distracted by their phones bad combination.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Keep us updated on your back. Glad to hear that you got checked out.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Rain-ex should be mandatory IMO. Stupid J-A's going 45 in the fast lane in a 65mph zone is what causes a lot of accidents because everyone is trying to cut everyone else off in order to pass said idiot.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    It's good to hear you have no major physical issues.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited March 2019
    Glad your OK and nothing serious is wrong. I also disagree with the “get a lawyer” comment.

Out the gate negotiate with the insurance company and only get a lawyer if absolutely necessary.

Most claims with a lawyer involved don’t work out best for you.

Most lawyers here in Indy will take about 40% of your settlement...... so you’d make more to just deal with insurance directly.

Especially since you don’t normally get that much more just because you have a lawyer to advocate and possible sue on your behalf.

Especially as it’s a business policy that’s covering the driver, and it appears to be a simple accident, a lawyer shouldn’t be needed.

Only if it’s serious or they are truly dic&**** you around should you look to get one involved.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    Glad to hear it’s only a pulled muscle. Cars are much easier to repair or replace than backs.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited March 2019
    I am doing good, was sore for a few days but am normal now for the most part. Some of the kids at work were pissing me off so I started to do the printer press with M553 color network printers. no problems.

Got my car back yesterday all is fine there, week to fix it I was impressed.

I won't get a lawyer I was not seriously injured. I don't need to bring that bad karma on to me.

Thanks again for the well wishes,
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    mrloren wrote: »
    I won't get a lawyer I was not seriously injured. I don't need to bring that bad karma on to me.

Good for you. Lawyers do have a place, but I feel we have become too litigious in society. Of course, having too many lawyers needing work will do that. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Don't forget to have the insured pay for diminished value of car due to accident.
    [