Inteconnect cable Blade/blade

Options
masanz1
masanz1 Posts: 511
edited December 2004 in Vintage Speakers
I've search the forums and cannot seem to find directions for the blade over blade style of interconnect cable. I have found the pin/blade directions but not blade/blade. They sell them at Polk but I thought I would try to make one first. This is for the SDA2a. Also does hooking up the cable drop the ohms down. Thanks
Matthew
Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason

HT

Yamaha RX-V2500
CS400-Center
SDA 1A-Mains
RT20-Surround
None right now-Rears
SVS 20-39PCi
Infocus IN72
Post edited by masanz1 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Up until very recently you could buy the blade/blade cable from Polk, however it's no longer available and that's why you won't find any info on how to make one. It's very simple, get a good quality 2 wire cable (heavy duty electric cord is fine), get some spade terminals from RS or Parts Express and attach to the ends. You will probably have to file down the one blade to fit into the socket, put on some shrink tubing and you're done. There is no ohm drop.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk