I lost a wonderful friend today

2»

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Sorry for your loss. RIP
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    So sorry, those are tough days indeed.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Very sorry to hear. Nothing will ease the sadness but even as Gordie brought so much to your life I am sure you reciprocated tenfold
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited March 2019
    Sorry to hear about the passing of Gordie, it has been said they wait for you once you pass the Pearly Gates. I hope that you reunite with him, but until then you got memories of Gordie. Chico my wife's chihuahua has not handled the winter well he has had a stroke cant jump anymore walks into stuff tries keeping up with us but unfortunately his days are numbered. Once again sorry to hear the news.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    Thank you, my dear. The vet said afterward he would have done the same thing so that gives me a modicum of relief. But I would have gladly given my little buddy a few years off of my life if I could have.

I would have given a few of my years for my two cats, both of whom I had to put down in 2003. Tami made it to age 20 and had kidney disease. Oscar made it to 13 but got cancer in his jaw. I wasn't going to let him starve to death. So two weeks after I had to say good by to my mother, I had to do the same with Oscar.

I gave them the best of everything with lots of love and care while I had them, but it broke my heart so bad, I could never get more after they were gone.

I hate reading these thread cause it hurts, but I feel for everyone who loses members of their families.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Yeah, not sure I could get another either. We moved to Oregon 12 yrs ago with the 3 dogs and now they're all gone and they all died in my arms. You can only take so much.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    A replacement pet is usually a good thing. Sorry for your loss. Great that your recent surgery went well! Take care.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Sometimes rescuing another one is just what the Doctor (and your wounded soul) ordered. I have convinced myself that every time I lose one, I'll get another one as a "thank you" to the last pal I lost.

Tough times brother, I'm tearing up typing this...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dragon1952
    Yeah, well I have to admit I have visited a few sites. If I see the 'right one' I may go for it. What I would really like is to find one who looks identical, but hopefully without all the health issues. Actually Chihuahuas are supposed to be one of the healthier breeds. What's the chance of getting with with diabetes, heart disease and cancer. The poor little guy didn't deserve all that.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Yeah, but you gave him a home.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dragon1952
    edited March 2019
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Yeah, but you gave him a home.

That we did. I was doing a little browsing and found this little guy. 7 mos old and 3.5 lbs.....only $1500...ha ha! My wife was on her computer so I went up to show her the link and she was doing the same thing I was :^ / So much for us both saying we couldn't do this again. I could fall in love with this little guy in a heartbeat.

vw92x7f0nrnu.jpg
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    I’m so very sorry. A little part of you goes with them.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Sorry to hear about your buddy. Man's best friend....and to tell the truth most the time I prefer their company to peoples. May he RIP.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Sorry for your loss, friend. May Gordie rest in peace, laying with the lion and the lamb.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • dragon1952
    tonyb wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your buddy. Man's best friend....and to tell the truth most the time I prefer their company to peoples. May he RIP.

Yeah, I hear ya. I've never been a real social guy myself.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • dragon1952
    Well, it's just too lonely in the house, and even though we're still grieving maybe this will help. Meet the new guy, Jack.
    k30mccjafa79.jpg
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Hi Jack!!!

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Cool. Welcome aboard Jack.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • dragon1952
    7 mos. old AKC registered, champion sired, champion bloodlines :^ )
  • BlueFox
    edited March 2019
    I retire April 30th and am debating getting a dog. My last dog died 2002, and I have had cats since then. Dogs are very social, and I always felt bad leaving my first dog alone all day. So I got a second, and a third, to keep each other company. Then again, without dogs I can walk out back barefoot at night. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • dragon1952
    edited March 2019
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I retire April 30th and am debating getting a dog. My last dog died 2002, and I have had cats since then. Dogs are very social, and I always felt bad leaving my first dog alone all day. So I got a second, and a third, to keep each other company. Then again, without dogs I can walk out back barefoot at night. )

Ha ha....yep, that's why I like really little dogs. Little dog, little **** ;^ ) This little guy is about 3.5 lbs right now and probably won't get more than 4.5 lbs maybe.
  • BlueFox
    4.5 lbs. That is what each of my dogs would dump in the backyard. I had an Australian Shepard/ German Shepard mix, a yellow Lab, and a Siberian Husky all at the same time. Never again. When I was home they were inside, and I was always cleaning. LOL.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    @dragon1952... Might I encourage you to start a new thread for the little guy. He deserves his own space I think. Congrats on giving this little one a new home.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dragon1952
    @dragon1952... Might I encourage you to start a new thread for the little guy. He deserves his own space I think. Congrats on giving this little one a new home.

Great idea...thank you. New thread has been started.