Vintage Polk Family Portrait.

2»

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Tony M wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Do it Tony! Show her who's man of the house :p

That task would def. have to be done out there in the cottage. That's where the collection( :D ) is anyway. My house couldn't hold all the stereos and speakers + the furniture in here at the same time. Not even a small chance.

So anything I do out there is out of her sight for the most part. :)

That’s my basement! She rarely goes down there so for me it’s all man cave! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    My wife came home today while my friend and I were out in the cottage.

She came in to see who owned the van and to mainly let me know she was home. ;)

She came in and turned her back on the Tritons. Talked to us for a while, while the Tritons were playing behind her too. :o When she left, she just turned right and walked out. She never saw them! .. PHEW!
    bodx618wg40z.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Oh Tony M Believe you me she saw them!!! She is just doing what other brides do...
    giving you a pass and ignoring them... for now! Don't celebrate to soon, your either in knee deep or up to your neck ;)
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Manticore wrote: »
    Oh Tony M Believe you me she saw them!!! She is just doing what other brides do...
    giving you a pass and ignoring them... for now! Don't celebrate to soon, your either in knee deep or up to your neck ;)

Card to be played later......
  • Tony M
    ALL CLEAR... B)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Well, he is still posting. Or is it Tony's wife posting so we dont become suspicious??? ;)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    He's got so many speakers in his collection, that it would have been impossible for her to know which pair was hooked up and playing.

Strength in numbers.
    CH46E wrote: »
    Well, he is still posting. Or is it Tony's wife posting so we dont become suspicious??? ;)

• Tony M
    edited May 2018
    You guys are FUNNY! You're making me smile, for real. :DB)

The ones being all black cloth, they were pretty much camouflaged in front of the upper wall of book self speakers. The speakers are placed further back from what this picture shows. It's like they're in the shadows being a shadow. :D I need a new camera. My lens is scratched. I have a new kodak one somewhere. :#

gswrcc3y6gbi.jpg
    xmwflb3p42pr.jpg
    6zr4hv0dg79p.jpg

Post edited by Tony M on
  • CH46E
    edited May 2018
    What do you think of the JBL HLS?? You have in there?
    And are thoes RT35 and RT55's in there?
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Our brides are like shadows but, remember "The Shadow Knows".
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    What do you think of the JBL HLS?? You have in there?
    And are thoes RT35 and RT55's in there?

The JBL HLS series are VERY NICE! They're similar to Polk's RT series but a little brighter. At my age, 60, the brightness helps me but might hurt a younger ear, maybe not.

There is some RT35's. ;) But the other Polks are RT3000P's upper speakers. They're a little smaller than the 55's. I have some 55's above that door though. (Thank you Jessie! @F1nut )
    23mfov09smqi.png
  • CH46E
    edited May 2018
    There are some JBL SVA 1800s for sale locally ive been eyeballing. Also see many HLS. My wife guerenteed will see another set if i tried to sneak them in. No doubts! :'(

I also had RT35s and 55s. I do regret letting the 55s go. Traded them for a protien skimmer for my fish tank.
  • Tony M
    There are some JBL SVA 1800s for sale locally ive been eyeballing. Also see many HLS. My wife guerenteed will see another set if i tried to sneak them in. No doubts! :'(

I also had RT35s and 55s. I do regret letting the 55s go. Traded them for a protien skimmer for my fish tank.

I don't understand if your wife will approve of or not, if you get another pair of speakers.

I regretted selling a set of 55's also. But they came right back..LOL. :):DB)

Then thanks to another member and others on a road trip took a side road to meet me one night to allow me to get the Rosewood finish to match my RT3000P towers. Plus, he added fantastic stands too! We met in one spooky middle of nowhere gas station.It was new and well lit, but man was it dark all around us! I'll never forget it.
  • CH46E
    Deff not approve!
  • verb

Yeah. Just like when I ask her "are those a new pair of shoes?" :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • CH46E
    verb wrote: »

Thats not the same thing though! :D
  • verb
    verb wrote: »

Thats not the same thing though! :D

Never the same! It's always our fault! :smile:
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    AdamSDCA wrote: »
    yny2qaflfg2r.jpeg

I have to 2Bs still (upgraded crossovers and tweets) and had some of those Monitor 5s as well. Sold them to a nice guy on Craigslist for a good price, had some older Monitor 5s before that and loved them.

I do like the non studio 2Bs looks but always loved the black on black of the studio version.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    3djwhgs1zl86.jpg

All my other Polks are spending time helping someone else enjoy good tunes. I'll get em back...someday.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mn_polk_guy
    mn_polk_guy Posts: 102
    edited August 2018
    xhu225atwdj2.jpg

Got most of em together here.... Couldn't fit* my other pair of 10s with silver face tweeters.
    Monitor 4.6, 5jr, 5, 7, 10, 11. RTA 8TL. RTA 11T. SDA 2B.
  • My girlfriend painted that. He does get up there no matter how hard I try to keep them off! At least they dont claw my grills up!
    Monitor 4.6, 5jr, 5, 7, 10, 11. RTA 8TL. RTA 11T. SDA 2B.
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    edited March 2019
    What's wrong with these speakers?yqdq0eomr5tg.jpg

Perhaps the tweeters.
  • krazypolk
    I haven't been able to get any information on these tweeters. Does anyone have a clue as to their model number?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    krazypolk wrote: »
    I haven't been able to get any information on these tweeters. Does anyone have a clue as to their model number?

well they are not Polk. Did you pull one and look at the back?
  • CH46E
    Not sure, but I like the way they look.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    They are Polks. Well, frankenpolks now.

Vintage monitor 4s that someone ripped the Peerless tweeters out of.

80811.jpg
  • krazypolk
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    They are Polks. Well, frankenpolks now.

Vintage monitor 4s that someone ripped the Peerless tweeters out of.

80811.jpg

These appear the same minus the peerless tweeters. They even have the badge below the grill.