Outlaw Audio Ultra X-12 subwoofer- 10 mos old

Comments

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Posts: 70
    PayPal is sending you an email that you have agreed to a $200 refund and will send me the spikes and power cord. The agent says they will wait on your response.
  • dbryantdbryant Posts: 520
    Ok. That is fine
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,437
    edited March 20
    Wow, how did I miss this gem of a thread? Don't I feel like a fool, I just posted in another thread how well I thought this place was doing without a moderator. This thread is a disgrace.
    2.0/3.0 - Marantz: PM8005 w/HT Bypass, NA8005 | Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | OC703 Panels

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | OC703 Panels
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,430
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,375
    F1nut wrote: »
    PLEASE take this private.

No kidding.

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
    There are several people here that definitely enjoyed the thread and helped egg it on. They certainly were quick to add opinions and acted like those kids that would stand around a school yard fight and egg it on.

I apologized a couple of times for losing my cool. I apologized to other forum members as well as to Floyd.

I also decided to simply pay the $200 to try to at least bring positive closure.

I would think a little acknowledgement that this unfortunate incident was resolved. There were some mitigating factors that can remain private.

Again, Im sorry for my part. I could have handled it better. Im not going to buy or sell anything here as it has not gone well.

Not many positive comments has been made about the efforts to resolve this amicably.

Pittdog2, Vr3, F1nut and a couple others were helpful.

What might have helped is rather than all the judgements,some help in finding a solution.

Dorian check your wall
    edited March 21
    dbryant wrote: »
    There are several people here that definitely enjoyed the thread and helped egg it on. They certainly were quick to add opinions and acted like those kids that would stand around a school yard fight and egg it on.

I apologized a couple of times for losing my cool. I apologized to other forum members as well as to Floyd.

I also decided to simply pay the $200 to try to at least bring positive closure.

I would think a little acknowledgement that this unfortunate incident was resolved. There were some mitigating factors that can remain private.

Again, Im sorry for my part. I could have handled it better. Im not going to buy or sell anything here as it has not gone well.

Not many positive comments has been made about the efforts to resolve this amicably.

Pittdog2, Vr3, F1nut and a couple others were helpful.

What might have helped is rather than all the judgements,some help in finding a solution.

This is in no way shape or form a slight against you but when you expect people to praise you for handling your business I think people are less inclined to do so. Handling business is what it is, sometimes you get bit, sometimes you bite.

Live and let be, the thread and issue are resolved.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    edited March 21
    Unfortunately it is not resolved.

I don’t know what is going on again.

PayPal agent Nicholas just said the seller denied the refund request and is only sending the spikes and power cord.
    edited March 21
    mjfloyd1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it is not resolved.

I don’t know what is going on again.

PayPal agent Nicholas just said the seller denied the refund request and is only sending the spikes and power cord.

Question is what do you assume will happen posting this stuff here? Nothing will happen with this Scarlet Letter situation where you try and paint someone one way. I get it, you want to make sure stuff gets done but once again take it off the forum or just drop it.

If I lost X amount of money or purchased something that was damaged and had this much trouble getting it resolved I would say "lesson learned" and drop it. Does it suck yes but public ridicule shouldn't even be an option in this scenario.

Codycatalist,

I apologized to the forum. Im trying to make things right....
    The only way you can make things right by us is if you BOTH STHU AND TAKE THIS DISCUSSION PRIVATE!!!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,606
    Huh.. about that.

6q984oumrdry.png
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    Nooshin why dont you shut me up
    Clip your an asshat as well

You can take this thread and shove it.

I rescind any apologies to you assclowns.

Dont like it you punk **** little twits, come see me
    I tried to make it right and you assclowns keep posting.

Keep scrolling you bunch of dumbass trolls.

I would love any of you to talk to me like that in person
    I will knock you dumbasses out. Try me
    I thought you were leaving the forum for good actually.

Guys... lets just put them both on ignore.

Try me you little twits. Need an address?
    dbryant wrote: »
    I tried to make it right and you assclowns keep posting.

Keep scrolling you bunch of dumbass trolls.

I would love any of you to talk to me like that in person

Once a Marine, always a Marine. Your anger and hostility make you a weak and easy opponent.

No time for talk. I will meet any of you clowns at any gym with a cage. Stop typing. I promise I will wreck you. Come to Maine, please
    Here at Club Polk, we don't condone pointless acts of physical violence.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • verbverb Posts: 6,355
    So I've been trying to ignore this thread, but like the "don't touch" sign you just have to. Skimming, not really wanting to dive into the ugliness, got to the end. Ok.

So now I go to the "activity" section on this forum and what do I find. More ugliness.

Oops, did I just say "don't touch"
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    edited March 21
    Resolved

Dorian made it right
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,886
    Does anyone know how I can get my soundbar to connect?
    I disabled signatures.
    msg wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I can get my soundbar to connect?

Ask Alexa...

• polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,302
    Haven't had this much fun on a rollercoaster since I went on Rolling Thunder at Six Flags.
    Sorry @tonyb, train wrecks are just too hard to ignore sometimes, glad there were no serious injuries on this one. ;)

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
    mjfloyd1 wrote: »
    Resolved

Dorian made it right

By "made it right", you mean he gave you enough money for you to stop posting on this thread?