Does anyone have an alarm company that they like?

Options
I started with Livewatch and they were great but they sold out to Brinks and now they suck a mule egg. Does anyone know a company that doesn't hire morons?

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    It won't help you but we are with Rogers (Canada) and have no issues.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Are we talking for Prescott Bruce?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    @codycatalist Prescott and Lower Slobbovia CA
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    Vivint
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I've been with SimpliSafe for about 3 years and have no complaints. A little money out of pocket to start, but at $15 a month they're hard to beat. The discount I get on my homeowners insurance for having it almost pays for the year, too.

*edit, assuming you can get them where you are?
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    Options
    2nd polrbehr on SimpliSafe... and this is after having ADT in my house for about 3 years prior. (Was very familar with ADT as it was used for many of our secure facilities for work.) It was mostly a cost savings move for me, both the $ for expanding alarming points, and the monthly monitoring fee as well.
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Pit Bull's R' Us has been really good to me.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I would investigate AT&T Digital Life. My friend changed to them and all installation and equipment was gratis. Includes tablet and a very good front door motion activated camera. I don't know if same type of incentives are available, now. She had one of those systems that requires tons of dedicated wiring.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    3rd for Simplisafe - I was very early to subscribe with them and I have 1st generation equipment that still works fantastic
    great CS
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Options
    I've used Watchlight after I dropped ADT.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,683
    Options
    Smith and Wesson... No complaints
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    @xschop It's not for when I am home. Are you at home 24/7?
  • xschop
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    @xschop It's not for when I am home. Are you at home 24/7?

Wife is packin too.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    @xschop well I sleep with a Colt Sporter at "port" and I keep a wet/dry vac next to the bed (multiple uses) and I still need a security system.
  • xschop
    Options
    The other 5% of the time we're not there, neighbors look out for each other.
    Unfortunately for the perp, wifey's not the best shot, but her reload times are mystifying.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I am worried about the neighbors
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    I gots lots of barrels. Still pack the SimpliSafe and cameras all angles.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    The equipment that I have is fine but when I call and ask a pretty standard question I get "I don't know" and the sound of drool.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    But maybe a Doberman might not be good for your collectibles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoJ1z-fZ4sc

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    My philosophy is you don't need to teach a dog to be mean. Just aware of potential threats. Then teach them back down a threat with another threat. Good thing about a well trained dog is they will treat strangers with respect until they sense that there are less than honorable intentions. My dogs would walk up to you and just stare at you. If they didn't like you for some reason they would growl at you and walk you to your car or off their property where they would stop. Last thing you want is a dog that doesn't know where his "perimeter" is. This doby has been trained this way because as soon as the threat runs away he immediately returns to his master.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    Options
    Vivint very responsive it alarms go off.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    Options
    I use a S & W Model 629 Performance Center 7 1/2" 44 Magnum. It's a self (myself) administered security system. Has worked well so far.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • xschop
    Options
    mark090852 wrote: »
    I use a S & W Model 629 Performance Center 7 1/2" 44 Magnum. It's a self (myself) administered security system. Has worked well so far.

Great way to alert the entire neighborhood to an intruder.
  • Mikey081057
    Options

I have a 629 too...very loud alarm...

• mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    Options

I have a 629 too...very loud alarm...

It certainly would get a crooks attention!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.