Outlaw Audio Ultra X-12 subwoofer- 10 mos old

Comments

• dbryantdbryant Posts: 520
    I think you damaged the sub
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Posts: 70
    Nope. I have insulin dependent diabetes and prostate cancer. I have a robotic radical prostatectomy scheduled April 22.

I wish that I had neither condition
    I sent pictures of both boxes every side but somehow this is my fault?

Get a mirror so you can see an asshat
    Here is the receiver for my continuous glucose monitor

79jyrv0mfkr2.jpg
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,433
    If you sent pictures... you should be able to post them here as well, yes? you seem to know how to post pictures already.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    I’ve posted the box pics. Look back in earlier pages. I removed 3 that had addresses
    And Dorian, it was not fun telling my 13 and 17 yr old daughters that I have prostate cancer. The guy that built my house died of prostate cancer at my current age.
    Let me guess, Dorian will say that those are not the boxes that he used in his next trash talk.
  • daboyzdaboyz Posts: 4,899
    kmber63cmomn.jpg
    HT - Polk Lsi9, Lsi7, LsiC, Marsh A200s, B&K ST-1430, Pioneer Elite BDP 62FD, Marantz SR7008, Martin Logan Dynamo, NHT CS-10, Mogami 3103 speaker wire, Mogami 2534 IC

mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Infinity SL40, Audioengine B1

Floydo- just send it back.

Send it back and we are done here
    If I were a mod, this entire thread would be flushed and both parties on a 7 day time out...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 13,365
    edited March 20
    mjfloyd1 wrote: »
    All stand up guys make threats on the internet I guess

I in no way condone that, it's embarrassing that both of you have repeatedly acted out. There's enough blame to go around. It seems this went through paypal and once you sent it back and provided proof as such you would of been reimbursed by paypal and then it would of been on @dbryant to worry about the UPS side of it and his refund.

They're times when you should give some one the benefit of doubt before you go saying what they will or will not do.
    I am in agreement with @nooshinjohn between the threats and other actions, like I said plenty of blame on both sides here.
    Before either or both of you jump in and call me a tool or a$$hat or whatever I'm just calling it like I see it here. I've tried to be Switzerland here. As another poster stated there are times when no matter how well packed the shippers foul it up unbelievably well.

I'm out.

I agree. I did apologize for what I said that was off base. Im reactive. Im working on it. Pitdog2 that was well put.

I am sorry to the members here for being a jackass. I was trying to keep my cool and didnt.

I in no way have ever tried to cheat or deceive anyone. Im not perfect. I have my own struggles and trying new gear is therapeutic. I dont care about making a profit I try to offer deals and develop trust.

Im done arguing with the buyer. He sends it back and gets a refund. I would still let him keep it and give $130 toward repair.
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,150
    Perhaps the band aid hack from the auto world would help....

3e76e6a0fakl.jpg
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
    I will pull the sub out to see if it works.

I am waiting on another estimate from a body shop and would get it repaired if the shop is more reasonably priced.

@dbryant -Would you send the spikes and power cord if I can get it fixed for $130?
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 546
    My understanding of the situation:

1) If mjfloyd1 sends the sub back to dbryant, PayPal will refund mjfloyd1 his payment of $350. The question is who pays for the return shipping? It is not mjfloyd1's responsibility to pay for the return shipping unless it was so stated and usually the return shipping paid by buyer is for returns not associated with damaged and non-operable items. The seller dbryant is responsible for the return shipping unless number 2) is in play.

2) Since UPS is part of the situation, the process must include the pick up/inspection of the sub by UPS. The buyer, mjfloyd1, should agree to let UPS pick up the sub and all box materials. Once the sub is in UPS hands, it is dbryant's responsibility to convince UPS the "shipping box" (per f1nut's post) is proof of adequate strength for shipping the sub. UPS will either return the sub to dbryant or make payment of the claim for the insured amount.

The situation was somewhat muddied by dbryant's statement of "If you have UPS inspect it at your house then you are stuck with it". Unless things have changed, UPS picks up items for inspection and not at the buyer's house. The insurance is for the seller only.

3) The buyer agrees to let UPS pick the items up. The seller contacts UPS to arrange a time for pickup. UPS picks all items up. Seller provides shipping info per box strength. Seller may have to contact vendor for box rating since it was shipped to him. Decision is reached. Sub or payment to seller.

4) Both the seller and buyer should stop all petty crap immediately. Arguments are not going to solve anything.

Note: The seller has the greatest chance for loss since he may be out the shipping costs and have a damaged sub. Although UPS may have caused the damage, the seller assumed the risk when the sub was shipped.
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,377
    edited March 20
    Man this thread is JUICY!

Ima tell the wife to cut off her reality shows as there is enough drama on the forum for a day time Emmy baby!

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
    mjfloyd1 wrote: »
    I will pull the sub out to see if it works.

I am waiting on another estimate from a body shop and would get it repaired if the shop is more reasonably priced.

@dbryant -Would you send the spikes and power cord if I can get it fixed for $130?

Regardless of what has transpired, if you want to keep the sub I will send the spikes and power cord. I promise. I will even go $150 for repairs. Maybe that will put all of this to rest.

I realize the recent health news has contributed a great amount of stress. My own PTSD struggles do the same.

Lets try to put this behind us and come to a resolution.

I first offered $100, your quote was $200. Lets meet in the middle at $150.
    That works. The sub works fine

Yes, I had a devastating February health wise. I honestly think things will be fine though. I sure hope so with my young kids.

I hope things get better for you with your PTSD
    My understanding of the situation:

1) If mjfloyd1 sends the sub back to dbryant, PayPal will refund mjfloyd1 his payment of $350. The question is who pays for the return shipping? It is not mjfloyd1's responsibility to pay for the return shipping unless it was so stated and usually the return shipping paid by buyer is for returns not associated with damaged and non-operable items. The seller dbryant is responsible for the return shipping unless number 2) is in play.

2) Since UPS is part of the situation, the process must include the pick up/inspection of the sub by UPS. The buyer, mjfloyd1, should agree to let UPS pick up the sub and all box materials. Once the sub is in UPS hands, it is dbryant's responsibility to convince UPS the "shipping box" (per f1nut's post) is proof of adequate strength for shipping the sub. UPS will either return the sub to dbryant or make payment of the claim for the insured amount.

The situation was somewhat muddied by dbryant's statement of "If you have UPS inspect it at your house then you are stuck with it". Unless things have changed, UPS picks up items for inspection and not at the buyer's house. The insurance is for the seller only.

3) The buyer agrees to let UPS pick the items up. The seller contacts UPS to arrange a time for pickup. UPS picks all items up. Seller provides shipping info per box strength. Seller may have to contact vendor for box rating since it was shipped to him. Decision is reached. Sub or payment to seller.

4) Both the seller and buyer should stop all petty crap immediately. Arguments are not going to solve anything.

Note: The seller has the greatest chance for loss since he may be out the shipping costs and have a damaged sub. Although UPS may have caused the damage, the seller assumed the risk when the sub was shipped.

At this point I dont care about the sub or the money. If UPS inspects the sub they will return it to me for free but they rarely repack. It will most likely get ruined. If the buyer keeps it and gets it repaired then somebody has a nice piece of gear.

Does everyone think $150 refund and letting him keep the sub is fair?
    You know what, I dont care,

Ill give you $200
    I cant do anything with my pp account locked. You will have to trust me and suspend the claim. I will then give you $200.

naycuxvdb32n.gif

My profit for selling the Outlaw sub is $20,

Oh well
    I have 100% FB on Audiogon and Ebay. I wouldnt cheat people

61i2b25ddeqg.png
    Waiting to chat with PayPal agent now
    That is fine
    Time estimate was 2 minutes but that was 17 minutes ago...