Outlaw Audio Ultra X-12 subwoofer- 10 mos old

Comments

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Posts: 70
    edited March 19
    I have not tested it. I don’t even know if it will turn on. That’s why I returned the refund.

No power cord. No spikes. Only one port plug and the ad says two.

I texted the pics to my UPS driver friend when I opened the box and she said to leave it as is.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,376
    b01etikw6emp.jpg
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,592
    What??? No bratwurst??? This is an outrage!!! I want my money back you hack!!!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,596
    I hate UPS

I only give bratwurst to my friends that I like.....
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,592
    lightman1 wrote: »

I only give bratwurst to my friends that I like.....
    And you save the polish sausage for the goats...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    Your logic sucks, Jesse...

I denounce your reality and replace it with my own...

(or something like that)
    Adam from Mythbusters
    I sent pictures of the outer box to Dorian right after I unpacked the sub and saw the damage. He asked for those pictures as well as a picture of the weight of the PA sub on the box. Dorian had that picture when he filed his claim with UPS and he says that UPS denied his claim.

PayPal has already ruled in my favor. I see no reason for me to contact UPS.

How can I better protect the driver to ship it back. It was sitting on 1/2 inch pieces of styrofoam and the styrofoam already has an impression of the frame of the driver.
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 556
    My brother and I sold over 3000 antique clocks on eBay over a several year period. The clocks were shipped across the US and UK including Alaska. It is the responsibility of the seller to know the shipping/packing rules and provide adequate packing. It is the sellers responsibility to ensure an item arrives in an operational state at the buyers location. It is up to the seller to file the insurance claim. The buyer accepts the risk of shipping something as heavy as a sub. The number of posts on a blog are irrelevant.

The outside box looks flimsy. I would have triple boxed that sub with some type of foam panels around the double-boxed sub then added an outer wrap of very stiff cardboard for the third layer. The buyer should remain whole financially in a situation like this. Packing and shipping is the most difficult process when one decides to sell and ship an item. Live and learn.
  • dbryantdbryant Posts: 520
    The cancer comment was out of line. My apologies there.
    The box was rated for a much heavier sub. Double boxed, 2.5” foam on all sides. Whatever.

I refunded him $100. He didnt want it. Paypal ruled in my favor. He returns the sub and gets a refund.

Anyone else has a snide comment- come see me. Im tired of the Monday mornng quarterbacks offering their expert opinions.

This site sucks. Im done.

Floyd- you are a liar. I could have posted screenshots. The truth is what it is. That is why Paypal ruled in MY favor....
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,495
    edited March 20
    F1nut wrote: »
    By the looks of things nothing would have prevented that damage from occurring.
    I thought it was just me..... That felt this way. Why the blame game over this? The company I work for ships 50lbs-90lbs solar inverters around the world daily. The packaging has been test shipped around the world with shock sensors inside to find the best protective design. Still, UPS / FEDEx manage to damage a package from time to time. More than we would like. So now we ship the larger inverters via freight!

That should tell you something right there.

Post edited by WLDock on
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,218
    Some 10 years ago or so, I had to pick up a package from the local ups hub, the main one for the area. All of the conveyors are visible from the parking lot and I'll never forget watching a large box drop well over 20 feet. Worker simply Tossed it back on a lower level conveyor as if it was normal.

Crazy stuff
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 11,237
    dbryant wrote: »
    Im done with this site. I asked him and essentially the rest of you to stop. Floyd kept it going.

I think there are a lot of punks on this site. Dont push me.

My sacrifices are part of the reason certain asshats have the ability for free speach.

Dont corner the honey badger.

LOL.

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • JPeteJPete Posts: 292
    f02opqncttkw.jpg
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
    No, speach was a typo. I meant “ability” as in just because the freedom is given doesnt mean it should be.

I graduated from college, that just aggravates the situation
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,988
    Levity brother. The situation is a **** show all around.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I have 100% service connected PTSD. When I ask someone a dozen times to stop pushing- it means stop. In fight or flight mode, its fight every time....

Text, email, this forum- that tool kept pushing. You push me into a corner or push me at all and trouble ensues. I asked nicely. I did everything I could.

UPS wanted to pick up the sub and return it to me. He wanted to keep it. I warned gim he could be stuck with it.

He said $100 to fix, I gave him a $100. He refunded it. I told him I wanted gim to have some money in hand regardless of the outcome.

The packing box was for a much heavier sub that was delivered by UPS.

Why is it when an item is damaged in transit, it is automatically my fault? That box was in great shape when it left my hands.

This guy did not follow my or UPS’ instructions. He claims he has friends who work for UPS but cant understand how claims work?

It always becomes a blame game here. Always
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,495
    edited March 20
    VR3 wrote: »
    Some 10 years ago or so, I had to pick up a package from the local ups hub, the main one for the area. All of the conveyors are visible from the parking lot and I'll never forget watching a large box drop well over 20 feet. Worker simply Tossed it back on a lower level conveyor as if it was normal.

Crazy stuff

I've seen repeat damage to going to the same customer so I know it's either the Hub or the driver that's at fault!
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
    edited March 20
    He paid $350 and didnt cover pp fees like I asked, I let it go. Cost $118 to ship, fine.

I pay $100 which leaves me with what, a little over $100. He refunds it as he wants more.

No way am I paying $200 for him to have a chip repaired and painted by a cabinet maker.

That means I lose money and he keeps the sub? Not one of you would go for that.
    Now let the smart **** comments continue.

Why could it ever be that UPS is at fault here.....
    I’m trying to figure out why I paid $350 if I didn’t cover PayPal fees and you wanted $340.

Why am I getting a $350 refund ?
  • heiney9heiney9 Posts: 24,077
    This is a new one................Paypal has ruled in BOTH their favors according to them. Not sure how that's going to play out...lol.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!