Outlaw Audio Ultra X-12 subwoofer- 10 mos old

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,837
    This is why I like to sell to regular Polkies, not randoms who sign up to buy stuff.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • dbryantdbryant Posts: 520
    Lesson learned
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Posts: 70
    2kro0c2ki4rr.png
    Wow. Just wow
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 1,217
    edited March 19
    deleted
    Post edited by motorstereo on
    You were absolutely right motor stereo.
    I would not have expected an experienced seller to put a sub in a box with nothing covering the exterior of the sub and only put foam board on 3 of 4 sides. He says the cover was put on from the bottom and pulled up but it was all wadded up under the bottom of the sub. Unfortunately it was packed poorly. This is somehow my fault for being a new polkie.

The threats are a classy touch. I know about my health problems and will face them head on.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,597
    Dude I don’t know about ups but I’ve made two claims with FedEx in the last year. All done online with cell phone pics and both claims were paid out in full. Perhaps you should try that...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
    Dorian shipped it and said he was filing a claim with UPS

Then he texted me that if I call UPS to inspect it, I am stuck with it.

He then wanted me to to take pics of all the sides of inner and outer boxes to look for box markings. There were none.

Now he wants me to call UPS.

I don’t get it. What am I supposed to do?
    mce785a1fw9f.png
    rizzxoxpozuq.png
    Pure class.

Apparently I have brought prostate cancer and diabetes upon myself
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 13,514
    edited March 19
    .... dually noted welcome to the ignore list.

Class act with the threats
    You grow TF up. I didnt start this nor am continuing it.
    That box was like new. I insured, I filed a claim. It has been denied cause this dude cant find the box specs. UPS wanted to pick it up. He wanted to keep it.

I refunded him $100 he sent it back. I have blocked him. I had to block him via text,

Pitdogg2 dont talk to me like that. Seriously
    I sent pictures of every side of the box. There are no box specs on either of the boxes. That is not my fault.

I’m glad to send it back but I don’t feel that I should pay for return shipping.

What should I do?
    Pictures of every side of both boxes were sent
    Floyd you need to shut your pie hole. Im done. You are a whiny little twit. You say you are a Dr. come see me and I will shove your head up your ****
    Im done with this site. Dave Holland ****. Pittdog is a tool. Anyone doesnt like it- come see me. Do something about it. Punk ****
    Im out. Floyd hope your cancer takes you out
    Wow. See what I have been dealing with. He admitted that he screwed up and didn’t look for box specs before putting the sub in. That’s not my fault.

Either pay for the fix or call ups to pick it up.
    More Dorian fun.

Man up and admit that you screwed up

989n9w7d1rd5.png

• @dbryant and @VR3 there are no mods to shut this down. It will keep going until someone runs out of steam.

This should of been handled off the Forum as is. It is 2 private sellers @dbryant and @mjfloyd1 that entered into a contract. Polk Audio is not liable for damages and there is nothing we can do in this case, so there is no reason it should be aired here for the court of public opinion. You two need to figure it out and figure it out now and do it off the Forum.
  • verbverb Posts: 6,607
    This is what happens when no moderator is around. Quite an ugly display here.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • @verb,

This would of happened, with or without a moderator around. It could of been shut down with a moderator absolutely.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 13,514
    dbryant wrote: »
    Im done with this site. Dave Holland ****. Pittdog is a tool. Anyone doesnt like it- come see me. Do something about it. Punk ****

What ever dude! Your threats and bulling BS serve you well.

I took your side and you come at me like that. Your reading comprehension is awful.

Take it to whomever you need to @mjfloyd1 ups, paypal whatever. But your constant screenshots just makes both of you look terrible.

This is not the place for bodily threats and dirty laundry.

edited March 19
    Interesting. I tell the facts. Dorian lies and I show screen shots to prove that he is lying but that makes me look bad.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,597
    @KenCustomerService I think the point is not that a moderator could have prevented this situation from happening. That is not - and should not - be their job. I think the salient point is that a mod could either end and delete this thread or clean up the nonsense. In other words, keep things from publically escalating as they have. At least that is how I understand the point of a moderator.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch