Come meet the latest member in the family

Options
2»

Comments

• Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited March 2007
    Options
    He's awfully cute but it might get a little weird when he turns into Dean Jones.

Bogie looks nothing like Dean Jones (or is that Jim Douglas?)

B000CR7RJI.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited March 2007
    Options
    The black one stole my heart.:o
    Yeah... The paperwork is in the mail to adopt him....I don't think I could let him go...It was hard enough to watch her leave:(
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Yeah... The paperwork is in the mail to adopt him....I don't think I could let him go...It was hard enough to watch her leave:(

This is why I stay away from shelters. I would have a house full of puppys and dogs and my wife would leave me!!! I keep telling my wife we need to adopt a pup to give my moose a playmate. She keeps asking who's gonna pick up the ****, of course I volunteer but the track record shows differently.:D
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited March 2007
    Options
    A bad pooper pickerupper ?? Wait 'till PETA hears about this !!:) :p
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    Options
    tonyb wrote:
    A bad pooper pickerupper ?? Wait 'till PETA hears about this !!:) :p

I pick up my pooches **** it just seems everytime I go out to pick it up, Phyllisann beat me to it???:confused::D:p;)
  • Danny Tse
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Updating an old thread. Bogi is now almost 9 years old and is still in good health. In recent years, Bogi has become a steady companion for my mom, who has dementia. Bogi was recently diagnosed with a mass on his, ahem, rear end. We decided to remove it and the mass was determined to be a benign tumor. Bogi is now recovering at home.

16941194025_e8fbc6a3c5.jpg
    16940224801_4c31377f8e.jpg

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,455
    Options
    Bogi looks like hes a cool dog :smile: Glad he is doing good. Sure he brings plenty of happiness
    Randy/Maine
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Glad he's doing ok!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    Good on ya for giving him a long and happy life. May he celebrate many more birthdays!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Danny Tse
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Has it been more than 12 years already?

I guess it was time. I finally had to make the decision that I didn't want to make....I had to let Bogi go after almost 13 years.

Last time I posted about Bogi was 4 years ago. Bogi actually had more surgery to remove another cancerous mass back in January 2018. It was a success and he was able to celebrate his 12th birthday back in June 2018. He was definitely slowing down but 12 years for a large, pure bred dog was pretty good. Bogi still takes his daily walks, just didn't exactly cover the same distance. Eventually, he developed trouble getting up from the floor and eventually led to him getting a wheelchair. Even with biweekly visits to his vet to monitor his health, Bogi still lost a lot of weight during the last 4 months....the vet suspected cancer of some form has returned and possibly spread to his brain. So, last night....

The house seem so empty and quiet now. I just realized everything in the house had a connection to Bogi. In the fridge, his food. In the pantry, all of his treats, wet wipes, supplements and medicine. His many pillows are in the living room and in my bedroom. The portable vacuum cleaner to suck up his loose fur. The yoga mats that I put on top of the hard wood floor so that Bogi has a safer surface to walk on.

I took the day off from work today. I tried to find something to do away from the house. I ended up parked at a parking lot at the local Kohl's, looking through Bogi's photos and videos on my iPhone. Oh yes, shed a few tears.

RIP Bogi

46643571954_4988159466.jpg

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,076
    Options
    Peace! It is the hardest decision to make.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Hard stuff to take, early in the morning -- the arc of a beloved pet's life, in one thread -- but thanks for sharing it.

I'll take the liberty of sharing one of the most moving tributes to a family member of the furry kind I've yet seen. trigger warning: This one makes me tear up every time I see it.

rscs5dzxg1rx.png
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    One of my hardest things I have ever been through was about 5 years ago with an Aussie Cattle named Chloe - I will see her again
    Sorry for your loss brother
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    RIP Bogi.

Sorry for your loss, Danny. Great dog, great memories. Better to have loved...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    My condolences Danny :'(
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    RIP. Always a tough time losing a pet. Never gets easy.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    That was a good run. RIP Bogi . . . Life is way better with a dog
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    . trigger warning: This one makes me tear up every time I see it.

rscs5dzxg1rx.png

Too late.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Losing a pet is losing a family member. RIP Bogi.

Teared up a bit myself as most of us (unfortunately) know the pain of losing a best friend. We put our black Labrador Retriever (and first 'child') down at the ripe old age of 14 yrs, 2 months nearly 4 years ago and still find reminders of his time with us to this day. Hope you find peace in the joy-filled memories you'll always have of Bogi.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited March 2019
    Options
    lump in my throat too. :'(

Sorry for your loss.

Dogs are man's best friends for real!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    Sorry for your loss my friend. We are getting close to the end of the line for my Eskie as well. She is 15 years old now, and my rescue dog gets the credit for making her act like a puppy again, but she is beginning to slow down now.

When the time is right, another furry companion will come along. Just make certain it isn’t that stray named Russ. I hear he has an unpleasant aroma to him that is unmistakable and he has fleas....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Very touching story - Reminds me a few years ago our first little Yorkie passed away in my arms. She was 12 years old, had her since she was a puppy. I'll never forget that moment. RIP good doggy!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Sorry to hear of this, Danny. Sounds like Bogi had a good life with you and yours.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    My deepest condolences Danny.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    My eyes tear up when I read about the loss of a loved one, be it a person or an animal. The pain will ease with time and hopefully be replaced with smiles from the memories.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    RIP Bogi. Very sorry for your loss. It's so hard losing a dog as they are so loyal and are always so happy to see you.

We had to put down 2 of our dogs within a span of 2 years, it was very hard. Getting our latest one helped, but I still think of the two we lost.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    I always cry like a baby when we have to have a pet put down....my sincerest condolences. We've got a little 5 lb fur ball that's on his last legs at 13 yrs old and with diabetes and heart disease. He's not eating even with appetite stimulants. I'm afraid the time is near for him too.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones