Album art....I know, it's like doing taxes

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,521
edited March 2019 in Going Digital
Those of us with ripped CD libraries that didn't have the intellect to figure out how to make our ripping software also download album art, UNITE.

I've re-visited this topic many times in my OCD ridden brain because it bugs me that I have no art for my library. Finally I found something that is minimally painful to use. It's been mentioned before, but last night I decided to check it out.

It's called "Album Art Downloader" it's FREE, and it works really well. I loaded a bunch of 320 mp3 rips I had on my laptop for copying to my cars usb stick, that were down-conversions from my flac library. You simply run the program, pull your library into it's window, and it will initially scan everything to see if you already have art for any of your music. Then you simply check the checkbox next to the album that you need art for, and hit search. A number of album pics will come up in all different resolutions, pick the one you want--then tell AA where you want the file copied. Move on to the next album.

Works fast once you get into a rhythm with it, and I'm gonna go home tonight and start populating my flac library FINALLY. Thankfully I only have about 400 ripped CD's, so I'll let you know how fast the process goes.

If this issue has been a thorn in your side, download AAD and give it a shot. It's a very simple program, and I'm a simple person---so I like it. No options to setup, about a 30 second learning curve. It just works.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I'm fairly obsessive about album cover art too. Even though JRiver does a good job of finding cover art especially on relatively popular or recent albums, I almost always go to Google Images and see what's the best cover art file there. Amazon used to be a great resource, but they stripped almost all of their customer upload cover art out for some dumb reason.

It takes a long while to do things the way I have done, and the tool above looks like it would help speed things up.

I even go to the extent with classical albums from large boxed sets that are impossible to find the original covers for of scanning or photographing the CD cover and editing into a usable jpg.
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2019
    When it populates the screen with album art thumbnails, it tells you the dimensional size, kb's, etc. Holding your mouse pointer over an image will enlarge it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,030
    Thanks for the link.
    mp3tag also helps to find the album arts.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Thanks I have been doing a lot of ripping lately on DB Poweramp and I have some titles that did not get tagged I will download it and try it out.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • steveinaz
    I did 34 albums last night in about 45 minutes.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    I use PerfectTunes. It does album Art, ID Tags, Duplicates and has AccurateRip.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • steveinaz
    I use foobar2000 for ripping/tagging, but Album Art downloader is far easier/faster for cover art.
  • steveinaz
    Done! 406 CD's done in about 5 hours.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Done! 406 CD's done in about 5 hours.

Over achiever ;)
  • steveinaz
    It only took me like 10 years....LOL
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    steveinaz wrote: »
    ...in my OCD ridden brain...

You're not alone brother.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus