Klipsch Klf-20 thoughts?

Options
Have an opportunity to pick these up at a very good price, I was originally looking at the CF4 but then did some research on the Klf. They’re mint condition, and $400, I think worse comes to worse I could flip them? Should I pull the trigger?

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    No opinion on the cost, but make sure you inspect them thoroughly. The KLF series are known to have the glue fail causing the cabinet to basically fall apart.
  • jwb0007
    Options
    djc, if they are in "reasonable" condition--or better--you have a real find. They are superb speakers. I had the Klf-30s, 20s, and 10s (20s and 10s as surrounds, if you can believe that!). And the C7 center.

Also have had the RTi12 and CSi A6 center. Loved them all!

Don't let the 20s get away from you! Good luck, and let us know if/how very much you enjoy them.
    Jim
    St. Louis, MO

AVRs: Yamaha RX-A2030, Onkyo TX-NR646
    Speakers: BIC FH6-LCR x 3, BIC FH-65B x 2, Polk RTi6 x 2, Infinity Primus P362, Klipsch KSF-C5
    Subs: Polk PSW505 x 2, Polk PSW10, Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I owned a complete Klipsch system with KLF20's for the fronts and it would play as loud as you wanted and also the sound was very clear and effortless at any volume.

Ask for a lower price if you can.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm going to check what I sold mine for and when now. ;)

I sold mine for 450.00 on 7-16-2009. They were minty too. :)

So 10 years have passed for my experience. Sorry if it doesn't line up with todays prices or yours. I haven't priced any in 10 years.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I just saw I sold a ton of stuff off in 2009 as the market for stereo stuff was declining. I think I remember JUST after selling my Big Pioneer silver faces and 2 sets of Klipsch Heresy's for like 200 give or take for each one and the dirty non-outputting Pioneer SX-1050 for 50.00 too, the prices started to slowly climb back up and made me regret a bunch of sales but ...I got my money back plus some which is ALWAYS a good thing in this audio world. And I just repeated buying here and there take my mind off my neck issue. But I have a record up till Jan 1st 2017 when I didn't want to meet anybody anymore for some reasons that I can't think of right now.

I know a little reason why I didn't log in the few sales I did make to friends, I had lost my note-pad! My wife put it in a box with some other papers. I lost it for over a year easy.

I live on a spot of earth that is 50% land, 50% water. My selling population is cut in half compared to inland cities. I get to buy things cheaper too because of this predicament. :D