Music and craft beer

Just belong together! Enjoying my new Tom Petty box set and a local RI NE style IPA. Doesn’t get much better than this!

t3og896wsjjb.jpeg
2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius

Comments

• Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    And to answer the question on the can, yes I am indeed very thirsty!

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Craft beer and music; doesn't get much better than that. One of my favorites is a Trillium ipa fresh from the Canton Mass. brewery.p626aeu8u0xa.jpeg
  • stangman67
    I’ll have to find that and give it a shot. Should be pretty easy to find up here, could even make a trip if I wanted

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Revival makes some delicious beers.
    Craft beer and music; doesn't get much better than that. One of my favorites is a Trillium ipa fresh from the Canton Mass. brewery.

I was at that brewery about a month ago. You don't get much better than Trillium...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • stangman67
    Well looks like I’ll have to make a trip, about an hour and a half from my front step

• mrbiron
    To Trillium? It's 20 minutes from my jobsite in Walpole ;)
  • stangman67
    Yup to trillium in canton

• stangman67
    I’m temporarily in Newport for 6 months or so

• stangman67
    Now onto this Wachusett Wally hazy from MA. Also pretty darn good

3f9fznomxgo9.jpeg

• mrbiron
    I've been there too.... :D
  • stangman67
    Damn good beer coming from the NE! The hazys just get me real excited

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    You know what's funny, the more and more I brewed my own craft beer the more the lines between craft and domestic/imports dwindled. Yeah a nice nut brown ale is real nice but sometimes I just prefer a Miller Lite.

Most people jump to "That piss water?!" and then I make them realize I know what I am doing and flavor is subjective.

btw, during summer if any of you go to a BJ's Brewery and see the Prickly Pear Honey Wheat just know I had a small hand in that recipe. =D
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • stangman67
    I enjoy a yuengling from time to time. I don’t hate on domestics, just prefer craft beer

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    stangman67 wrote: »
    I enjoy a yuengling from time to time. I don’t hate on domestics, just prefer craft beer

I enjoy me all types of beer but there is ONE that stands above the rest. Kolsch. I love the taste of that yeast, it is too dang good. I make an 8% Imperial Blonde Ale that is to die for.

I also made a Peach Infused Belgian Wheat that came in at a hefty 9%. Named it "Best of my Fuzz"...I was on an Eagles kick at the time.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • motorstereo
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Yup to trillium in canton

If you like ipa's you're really going to like it there. My favorite is the double dry hopped ipa when they have it. It's about an hour and 20 minutes away for me but it's soooo worth the trip. Treehouse is another great local Mass. brewery. Not quite as good as Trillium but it's not bad. Then there's the Stony Creek brewery in Branford Ct. with their Big Crankys......
  • stangman67
    That’s food to hear. It’s on my list now. I need to do the few local breweries, ragged island and whalers. I’ll skip storm and then hit up the ma breweries. My and the fiancé are gonna do a Boston weekend when she comes up and visits next so perfect time to hit some of the ma microbreweries

• motorstereo
    mrbiron wrote: »

Hmm since you're local I'm guessing you'll be in Canton on the 23rd for the spring audiokarma get together ? We also had one in Walpole 3 or 4 years ago.
  • stangman67
    Finished the 4lp Tom petty set. Time to start at side a again! These may be my new favorite records

• Dr_Wu
    3 Floyds "Zombie Dust"
    Everything sounds good with this one.
  • stangman67
    I’ve drank a few zombie dusts in my life

• Dr_Wu
    Cold night here in NEOh. Perfect for Deschutes' Black Butte Porter (and Warren Zevon).
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Drinking a craft brew myself so cheers to you, just wondering how much of a difference is there between this Petty and the last double one of greatest hits with rarities that just came out a couple of months ago saw this at the record store in vinyl but didn't get it?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • stangman67
    I’m not sure. This is my first Tom Perry’s stuff on vinyl so can’t really compare. Sounds great though!

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    I'm looking forward to this Petty release along with some local craft brews....or maybe a few fingers worth of Highland Park 12 Viking Honor.....or both!

The Petty cds I have are also well done so I'm really looking forward to this!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • stangman67
    Either way it’s a cool box set to have. I listened to all 4 lps twice yesterday and im sure I’ll do the same today. I spent the extra 20 on the limited edition clear vinyl just because I like have limited edition stuff if I can get my hands on it. Plus clear vinyl is cool 😎

• mrbiron
    mrbiron wrote: »

Hmm since you're local I'm guessing you'll be in Canton on the 23rd for the spring audiokarma get together ? We also had one in Walpole 3 or 4 years ago.

Never heard of it. Mainly, because I am only registered on this site, and a few post offices have my picture as well. ;)

I'm local to Worcester area, just work in Walpole for the next 8-10 months.
  • motorstereo
    ^^^^^It was past my bedtime last night and I got the town wrong it's Sutton Mass. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/♫-23-march-♫-new-england-winter-spring-frankenfest-2019.855400/
    I'm thinking you'll be safe there as Sutton's a small town and probably doesn't have your picture posted at the post office yet :)
  • mrbiron
    Just did a check. That AL is a whopping 8 minutes down the road (1 hour, 50 minutes if I walk).
  • motorstereo
    ^^^^^^Nice.........I'll see you there on the 23rd then. How bout you Stangman? It's really fun event with a great bunch of guys and lots of cool gear to check out.