Amplifier to power Signature S55

Hello,

I have Polk Signature S55 speakers from few weeks. They are driven by Pioneer A-30 and I have impression that S55 needs more power. Which integrated amplifier can you recomend to drive S55 speakers? My room has 32 m2 and I am listening almost every kind of music. I like detailed sound and strong, deep, fast, well defined bass.

Second option. I have oportunity to buy used RTi A7 (1,5 yo)... but If I buy them, Pioneer A-30 will stay for one year...

Best regards from Poland!
Luke

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited February 2019
    Stay with the S55, they are better for music.

Budget?
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2019
    Welcome to Club Polk Luc!

From the looks of it, I believe all you have to do is buy a separate amplifier to hook up to the Pioneer. That opens you up to a ton of choices for amplifiers.

mhcttkcu90hg.jpg

You can use the amp now and on whatever upgrade you do from the Pioneer.

A favorite choice around here for amps is Parasound.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    cfrizz wrote: »

From the looks of it, I believe all you have to do is buy a separate amplifier to hook up to the Pioneer. That opens you up to a ton of choices for amplifiers.

The Pioneer in question does not have pre-outs, so this is incorrect.
  • cfrizz
    Clipdat wrote: »

The Pioneer in question does not have pre-outs, so this is incorrect.

What is the Power Amp Direct IC connectors used for?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • slk55amg
    slk55amg Posts: 305
    Try and find an emotiva xpa 5 Gen 1 or 2. Thay are selling for between $600-800 on Ebay. I have the xpa 5 Gen 1 runs cool, huge amount of power, now 9 years old solid, built like a bank vault.
    Emotiva XPA5, Sony ES 5300,: Lsi 15,s LSIC, Monitor 70,s, ( side surrounds) FXI 3,s, (rear surrounds)Micropro4000, Velodyne DEQ 10, Sony 55inchXBR 930D Sony BDP 790 Bedroom rig SonyES 3200 RTIA1,s CSIA4 FXI3,s polk PSW 10 SONY 34inch XBR960:cool:SONY BDP550
  • Agreed on keeping the 55s much more musical than the A7s. Knowing your budget as well if you are okay buying something used or not will be helpful.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • cfrizz
    Ahh, thank you Skip, so it basically gets turned into just an amplifier. Cool.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Look for a used NAD C352 or C356. Both are great integrateds which seem to be pretty common. don't let the 80 watts into 8 ohms rating fool you, my C352 has current to spare and drove my LSi25s with ease. Stable into 4 and 2 ohms as well.
    C356 is a bit more modular than the 352, and I think has a better pre section.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    edited February 2019
    DSkip wrote: »
    Ahh, thank you Skip, so it basically gets turned into just an amplifier. Cool.

Correct. This is why MastersounD does not offer stand-alone stereo amplifiers. All of their Compact and Evo amps have a Direct input so you can use them strictly as power amps.
    I didn't really realize that was why Mastersound didn't do many pure power amps, but it makes sense and certainly helps cut down on the product line in a really logical fashion.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Luk3
    Luk3 Posts: 2
    Agreed on keeping the 55s much more musical than the A7s. Knowing your budget as well if you are okay buying something used or not will be helpful.

So S55 stays. Me and my wife very like theirs sound. Sometimes they could produce more low bass but it can be amplifier problem.
    Used are okay and very welcome, but only in almost pedantic condition and with remote. It would be nice to have digital input.
    My budget is ~500 USD. I will buying in Europe.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    Consider adding a sealed subwoofer.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pen
    pen Posts: 2
    If you watch the Hi-Fi energy video You will see on the test that these are closer to four ohms that hate ohms. When I first brought this speaker home I had a Yamaha 675 AV receiver. He sounded okay. After watching the video, the man suggested they would sound great if you had a high current high dampening factor amp. I proceeded to buy a Yamaha 801 integrated amp that has a 240 dampening factor and 185 watts in the 4 ohms. Oh my god did these speakers come alive? Like he said in the video, you need a high current high dampening factor to make these speakers sound good?