My wife sent me this picture with a question. I love her!

Tony M
Tony M Posts: 11,009
edited February 2019 in The Clubhouse
That's a good question to be sadled with figuring which song OR album to start the audition. :p
bes34lg7kcmh.png
Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• Tony M
    Porcupine Tree..."Halo" B) .
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Lawrence Welk....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Either Herman's Hermits There's a Kind of Hush or Simon and Garfunkel's The Sound of Silence.

I am all about irony.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Have to echo F1's choice, but I would put Enter Sandman right near that.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    What was she doing at Best Buy?
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Headeast: "Never been any reason."
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I'd listen to "She Bangs" by William Hung.
    American Idol Version.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    DSkip wrote: »
    The correct response is... whatever YOU want to listen to, dear!

I agree, sounds like a test question to me.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Flight of the Cosmic Hippo.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Just another nervous wreck.
  • Tony M
    Maybe Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb". <3
    https://youtu.be/pl9dc5FhFYU
  • Richard Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries"
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Holst's Mars... Then "A Day in the Life"
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Whoa! Somebody likes classical here! The Geog Solti version on London?
  • FestYboy
    Looking for dynamic pieces...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Mark Knopfler's "Telegraph Road", live in Bergen.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    "Why are you out of the kitchen?"
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited February 2019
    Richard Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries"

I agree that system would be awesome for Kill the Rabbit. But I was thinking the 1812 Overture.

If you could survive either of those then you could then rock out and bang your head (and go deaf). Its all good.

• Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    edited February 2019
      La Villa Strangiato to start followed by a “whole lotta” Led Zeppelin
      Speakers
      Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
      Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
      AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
      AMP - NAD C275BEE
      Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
      Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
      Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
      In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
    1. sucks2beme
      sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
      Tool. Definately Tool. Pick an album.
      "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
    2. dragon1952
      dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
      **** Bells by ACDC :^ )
      2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
    3. nooshinjohn
      dragon1952 wrote: »
      **** Bells by ACDC :^ )

He!!'s Bells gets blocked by Vanilla.... just wow.
      The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
    4. Tony M
      AC/ DC's "Thunderstruck" would do it for me too.
    5. motorhead43026
      motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
      Her boyfriend sure has a nice system.
      2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
    6. decal
      decal Posts: 3,205
      Anything by the Japanese Songbird a.k.a. Yoko Ono !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
    7. FestYboy
      decal wrote: »

You're sick
    8. nooshinjohn
      decal wrote: »
      I would rather stuff a power drill into both ears.