Home Theater Build/Remodel

13»

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    scubalab wrote: »
    Shut up Dan!

Hey I coulda done worse :wink:

Yes.... Yes you could Dan. But that's OK... That's why there are people like me.....
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited February 2019
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Shut up Dan!

Hey I coulda done worse :wink:

Yes.... Yes you could Dan. But that's OK... That's why there are people like me.....

Lol.... that was an inside joke between the two of us...

And if I had done it.... it WOULD have been MUCH MUCH WORSE!!!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Looks great Arty
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Doh :*:*:*

Oh yea shut up Dan
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    scubalab, Love the remodel and the re-remodel project. Great improvements all around!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited February 2019
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Looks great Arty

Who's this Arty fella? Thanks Jed! :p
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I’m so sorry. I meant to say Al.
    @FestYboy and @scubalab I got my neutrons crossed with you two.
    My bad.
  • scubalab
    Saul Goodman! (It’s all good man!)
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    Dan - We debated taking the pine down in the room, but decided to keep it at this point. So, at this point, just the drywall will be painted. As for the door, yes, it is a glass door. The plan is to get a thick curtain that can be pulled across it to keep light from the adjacent foyer and kitchen out of the room. Haven't given much thought to acoustic panels in the room when done, but may be worth considering.

If I could make a suggestion... go ahead and to the curtain..... but for SERIOUS listening time and movie time, build a acoustic treatment the size of the door and put it on a set of curtain rods so you can set it up on hooks on either side of the doorway to block it off.

Also "try" to do panels on your first and second reflection point.... IIRC you cant do anything hanging from the ceiling given the height, but at least try to do the first and second reflection points if possible...

Since your a DIY kinda guy, talk to Ryan ( @ZLTFUL ) about the guy on AVS he had help make movie poster pictures so he could get them printed on fabric for his treatments.

You could pick some of your fav movie posters to get put on the fabric, or even some team logo's so they look more like really nice canvas posters than treatments....

this post just helped me also. Thx
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Looks awesome Al! Nice job!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Looks great, congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    edited March 2021
    Badass Al!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Totally cool, Al! Say hi to your wife and girls. Maybe when the cooties are no longer afoot you can all visit our area again? Enjoy!
  • scubalab
    Thanks for all the compliments! We're really enjoying the space now that it's done.

And Mike, we certainly miss the gulf coast of Florida! Hope you and the family are well. I've really enjoyed your posts with your grandson and his love of guitar. We'll be down in your state (maybe) in July, but not close to you. Looking to hit Disney for a couple days and then the middle Keys for a day or two. You know... we like to go to Florida in July... when the heat and humidity is tolerable. :p Cooties... don't let the door hit you in the A$$ when the world kicks you out!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Nice work, Al! I know the feeling when you get to finally use the space as intended.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Ugh those misaligned outlets!!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Looks awesome! Great job!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus