jriver app for Fire tablet???

PSOVLSK
PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
edited February 2019 in Going Digital
Is the jriver app not available for a Fire tablet?

Tried to download, but got a message that my device is incompatible with the app.

Obviously seems as though I'm out of luck, but I thought it was weird to not be able to get the app.
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    The Fire devices are odd ducks in that regard...I was hoping to use a Fire tablet I have had laying around as my Roon remote but no app for them.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • PSOVLSK
    Thanks Ryan.

Not a big deal since I have the app on my phone and on an iPad, but would have been nice for how I was wanting to use it.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    “Google” adding Google Play on a kindle fire. You can side-load Google Play then download apps from the play store. I’m running Roon on a Fire 8 and it works fine.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • PSOVLSK
    And this is why I went ahead and asked what I thought was a dumb question. Seems as though someone always has a solution around this place.

Playing jriver through my Fire as I type this:)

Thanks!
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    @PSOVLSK How do u like jriver? I’ve been using a squeezebox touch but now that I have an oppo bdp105 hardwired to my network I’m looking for a better option. Thanks.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • PSOVLSK
    I like it, but I've never used anything else so I don't really have a point of reference. I'm pretty much a novice at this digital music thing, but I still found it fairly easy to set up and use.

I pretty much just choose an album or song I want to listen to and that's it. In other words, I haven't really spent any time making playlists, etc. I've made some very simple playlists (ie: Van Halen) and it will automatically play all of my Van Halen albums.

It doesn't (or I haven't figured out how to) allow random play of an artist or genre using jremote unless you make the aforementioned playlist. This can be done on the computer though.

I think the sound quality is great, but again I have no point of reference other than Amazon Music so...

Maybe others will chime in with more info for you.
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Thanks.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto