The Wife wanted simplicity she got it

gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
edited February 2019 in The Clubhouse
Well bless her heart she loves spending time with me listening to tunes with me, on the 2 channel, or any of the rigs but leave her alone trying to figure it all out. Pre on first Amp on last when starting up vice versa when shutting down, which players accepts SACDs which ones dont.

How to stream music through the Oppo or through my Musical Fidelity Dac, or the Chromecast Audio. Dont like cleaning Albums before playing, dont like using all the zero stats record clamps, she is more comfortable with the bedroom TV and the soundbar when she prefers the HT Rig downstairs. To make a long story short we were at Target today as I wanted a couple of CDs she spotted the Google Home Mini said she wanted one as you can tell it what to play and it does.

I broke down and bought her a couple of them and got her a Spotify premium account plus she can use XM radio with it. You should see how happy she is she said ok Google play James Dean from the Eagles and it did just that she's in control telling the Male voice google dude what tunes to play and it's doing that simple and were listening to stuff with out getting out of the lazy boys. She likes the real equipment better but enjoys simplicity when shes on her own. Were enjoying ourselves drinking a few hopefully she soon says ok google let's hear some Barry White and things lead to well things B). If shes happy I'm happy.
uharrscgc4vg.jpg
Hard to beleive a couple of these things brings her happiness.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited February 2019
    We used ours today for whole house audio as well. My girls love it when they can pick songs... though “Baby Shark” gets old fast
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Great

Now you have turned the forum to a rated R affair

Must unread the last sentence
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I sense something...
    l7uvcq7pa8mm.jpg

Yep... pull the curtains. Russ is hiding in your bushes again.

Another Sasquatch sighting.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • gudnoyez
    edited February 2019
    No Barry White yet but just found out Quboz is compatible with chromecast compatible products so we will sign up for the Hi fi subscription which means google home, my chromecast audio and when I get a Cambridge streamer are all compatible with Quboz, Just found out the Hi Fi plan is only $16 a month if you pay for 12 months after the free month. Ok now I'm a happy camper, makes me want to say ok google play me some Barry White :o
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• Oh for the love of that amazing voice, won't ya let the boy in??
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Best thing I ever purchased for the WAF is my Harmony Elite remote. Makes all of the above completely simple. Even with HT bypass for 2ch and about 9 different sources, it works great. Highly recommended
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Good job Gudnoyez! It's great that you have a spouse that enjoys your systems as much as you do. But it can get confusing handling all of it. Now it's simplified for her and she can enjoy it without having to worry about doing things in the correct order or figuring out what does what!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • gudnoyez
    edited February 2019
    Yeah Cathy shes enjoying it shes cooking breakfast and told the google assistant to play Steely Dan's Aja album and alls good two of these google home minis playing together sound good after breakfast shes sending me out for a 3rd one. Hey if shes happy I'm happy. I now have some competition, until I go downstairs and crank my 2.3tls on a real system >:)
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• EndersShadow
    Try saying “Google Broadcast”.....

It can work as an intercom :smile:

Put one downstairs in the man cave.....

“Hey Google”....... “Honey, can you bring me a beer”.... 👍
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I had a spouse that enjoyed my cigars as much as I do, once. I divorced her.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited February 2019
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I had a spouse that enjoyed my cigars as much as I do, once. I divorced her.

You were married to Monica Lewinsky? :po:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez

Good Idea but I would have to keep the beers in the upstairs fridge and have her bring them down to the cave. It wont work though I'm not allowed to store beers in the upstairs fridge. 2 days of this I'm going crazy the wife has turned into a DJ, I can only take so much, not much longer until I have to drown her out, with the big boys.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Doooooo eeeeeeeet......
    I wanna see that little 100lb Teutonic Terror
    beat your corn fed Nordic beehind....
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2019
    gudnoyez wrote: »

Good Idea but I would have to keep the beers in the upstairs fridge and have her bring them down to the cave. It wont work though I'm not allowed to store beers in the upstairs fridge. 2 days of this I'm going crazy the wife has turned into a DJ, I can only take so much, not much longer until I have to drown her out, with the big boys.

So bring her downstairs and let her jam with the big boys with you!

OR if you live dangerously...

“Hey google.... bring me a sandwich”....
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I dunno Steve, better not whip out the crack pipe infront of that gizmo. :)

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/02/25/report-home-assistants-with-moral-ai-could-call-police-on-owners/

I mean...why not ? Seems like a natural progression for the AI anyway, right ? Seeing too that most homes will have some variation of this technology.

I can see it now, giving your 16 year old son a beer, cops show up and give him a breathalyzer, you get arrested .

You discuss with the wife about hiding stuff from the tax man, you get an audit notice in the mail.

You tell your kid they can't have a sex change, or spank them, you got the cops at your door for child abuse.

Possibilities are endless, along with the flow of new revenue from fines. ;)

Just sayin'...be careful what you wish for.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @tonyb my Galaxy S1 does all that
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    The Logitech Squeeze Box Touch was the device that got my wife on-board.

Funny the difference between generations. My wife is much younger than me, so Keith Sweat is what gets her in the mood for...dancing ;)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon