Crossover Cable Connectors

Options
I just got a pair of SRS 2.3TL speakers. The crossover connectors have a flat pin and a round pin. What type of connector is this? I'd like to buy some and make this cable.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    That pin/blade connector is unavailable, period. Your best bet is to convert the connections to Neutrik SpeakOn. A search here will turn up a lot of information. Make sure you use the air tight 4 pole version even though you'll only use two poles.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    edited February 2019
    Options
    You cannot buy them anymore. Two ways to go about it. RCA connector with the ground petals removed and a banana plug/spade for the black speaker post. If you have a common ground amp all you need is a the RCA part the ground only comes into use with non-common ground amps and then you must use a Dreadnought torrid as well and all is connected as well through the negetive binding post as well.

OR what we now use.

Remove the old connector and replace with a neutrik female and make your cable with male neutrik connector. We use the 4 pole because it is a better connector and air tight is a must. Not all female neutrik connectors are air tight.

Plenty of info here just do a search and you should get plenty of info
  • rchrdm
    Options
    Thanks! I am using a new receiver (Yamaha), so I assume it is common ground. So, you are saying just to connect to the round pin part of the jack and ignore the spade part, which I assume is ground?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    rchrdm wrote: »
    Thanks! I am using a new receiver (Yamaha), so I assume it is common ground. So, you are saying just to connect to the round pin part of the jack and ignore the spade part, which I assume is ground?

Yes.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    rchrdm wrote: »

You'll never get what those speakers are capable of with an AVR.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rchrdm
    Options
    I made up a cable using a couple of RCA connectors. I can tell there is a different sound.

Thanks for the help!

Richard