Cables for Optimizing my Two Channel Setup.

2»

Comments

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    That is true. What a great country :^ )
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    Indescribable really. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve this. I retired at 53, 12 yrs ago, and I get free money for life for doing absolutely nothing.

April 30th is my last work day. I turn 70 this year, so it is time to retire. I am wondering how well and quick I will adapt to that lifestyle. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Indescribable really. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve this. I retired at 53, 12 yrs ago, and I get free money for life for doing absolutely nothing.

April 30th is my last work day. I turn 70 this year, so it is time to retire. I am wondering how well and quick I will adapt to that lifestyle. :)

Bud...... You'll be fine. You and the cats can listen to the stereo all day.... And no one will complain
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,853

judge judy everyday :'(
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    Shut up Marvin
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Back atcha Russ.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    marvda1 wrote: »

judge judy everyday :'(

Yeech. I would need to call Suicide Prevention.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    John, I thought I could offer you two sets of Shotgun S1.3 interconnects, but I can’t find them. Not sure if I gave them away two years ago when I purged all my old gear or not. I will look some more tomorrow. They are/were balanced and one meter.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    Much appreciated Bud. That is the series I was looking at.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894

As long as you have hobbies and interests you're good to go. It was amazing back in the working days to see these people retire and then in a month they were back to work again or dead in 6 months. Some people have absolutely nothing but work and when it's gone so are they.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • BlueFox
    edited February 2019

As long as you have hobbies and interests you're good to go. It was amazing back in the working days to see these people retire and then in a month they were back to work again or dead in 6 months. Some people have absolutely nothing but work and when it's gone so are they.

It will be an interesting transition. For the last 20 years I have been basically working, and it will soon stop. I will miss the pay, but I suspect I will soon get used to not working. I am thinking of doing volunteer work in the schools, but who knows. I do plan on doing nothing for a while, and am curious how long that will last.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    I could use some volunteer time down here to paint the house. :p

• BlueFox
    I could use the practice before working on my own place.

Probably won’t though. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,035
    I've been semi-retired for the past 35 years as I'm laid off for 4 months of the year. Normally after 3 months I've had enough and I'm itching to get back to work mainly just to get to hell out of the house. I dunno what I'm going to do when full retirement happens to me in a couple more years. I need a time consuming hobby besides audio and working out.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    For all of you gentlemen who are retired, or about to retire, I cannot stress enough the importance of staying physically active. Additionally, being socially active is very important as well. Women are excellent at networking and maintaining friendships. *Most men only network with colleagues at work and when they stop working, they go into solitary mode. These are some of the biggest take aways I can relay to you all from my degree in Public Health. Honestly, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the treatment, monetarily and physiologically speaking. :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,492
    Eh

I’m in solitary mode now and I’m not retired

I’m doomed for when I am retired then
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,905
    halo wrote: »
    For all of you gentlemen who are retired, or about to retire, I cannot stress enough the importance of staying physically active. Additionally, being socially active is very important as well. Women are excellent at networking and maintaining friendships. *Most men only network with colleagues at work and when they stop working, they go into solitary mode. These are some of the biggest take aways I can relay to you all from my degree in Public Health. Honestly, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the treatment, monetarily and physiologically speaking. :)

Very true as you must stay active and have a group of friends. As stated above, you also need more than 1 or 2 hobbies. Also travel if you have the funds as you will be exposed to new people and cultures.

Also if you are married and both retired, give each other some space as you will be together more than any previous time in your marriage. Make sure she has some hobbies also.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Do not do this when you retire...

n20wlmf213db.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    F1nut wrote: »
    Me either. You make a good mid/high end audio product at a reasonable price, which is selling very well, so you stop making it. After a while you realize you've lost a lot of customers and your really high priced products aren't making you as much as you thought, so you bring back the original lower priced products with a different name, but price them much higher than they were years ago and wonder why your sales still suck.

Who knew? Not me.
    Are you at liberty to say which cable (shotgun?) came back under the name of ________ ?

TIA, Jesse

I ask, bc I am/was thinking of trading up their line
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    John,

We can all tell you the various brands and series WE like, but your going to have to do some trial and error on your part to find your huckleberry.

So...buy used, to limit any losses on reselling the ones you don't like, and to get a feel for the sound signatures of each brand and or series.

Also, doesn't hurt to ask if someone might lend you something for the cost of shipping just to get your ears on them.

That said, and considering the level of gear you have, I would suggest you start out maybe one or two notches below top of the line series in any brand. You go any lower and you'd be wasting time and money in my opinion.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    Any opinions on Copper vs. Silver?

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,731
    tonyb wrote: »
    John,
    Also, doesn't hurt to ask if someone might lend you something for the cost of shipping just to get your ears on them.

I was thinking the same as I'm going out of town the 3rd week in April. Not sure if that is too far down the road for you for not. I'll PM you.