Can I put SDA SRS 2 on a 13' wall?

I have chance of getting a pair of SDA SRS 2. I have room that is 20' X 13' with 10' ceilings. Can only put speakers on the 13' wall. Is it worth getting them or is 13' wall to small?
Thanks

Best Answers

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    I'd say they would be fine. How far would you be sitting from them?

I heard a set of them in a 12X12 bedroom and they sounded fantastic! B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Answer ✓
    I have not purchased them yet and want to make sure the room is big enough. They would NOT be 6' apart, only 4ish.

Your room is the right size for them. ;)

Answers

• I would be sitting about 8' from them.
  • Tony M
    Yea, you'll be VERY HAPPY!

I was sitting in my own set-up on a 9' triangle point. 9' center to center on the speakers and me being 9' to each center of the speakers too. Magic happens! B)

I think my speakers are 8" off the wall. I'll go check in a couple of minutes though to be sure. Spike the speakers also. ;)
  • Spike them? It's on a laminet floor. There is no carpet
  • Also, your speakers are nice and far apart. Mine will only be close to 4' apart. You say that will still be okay
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Ideally they should be as closyt to 6' apart as you can get (inside to Inside measurement). Most of us have them between 5" and 6" off the wall depending on room response. You can spike any speaker on any floor type...
  • I have not purchased them yet and want to make sure the room is big enough. They would NOT be 6' apart, only 4ish.
  • FestYboy
    I still would get them, the dimensional imaging will suffer a little, but the end result will be far better than a standard pair of speakers in the same area.
  • Tony M
    You should've stated in your earlier posts they would only be 4'ish apart.

Anyway, mine are 6" off the wall.

I love their sound being in the sweet spot or walking around doing other things or even being outside the building. They are FULL RANGE and powerful or delicate. Depending on the model, they might need a powerful amp to play loudly for an extended period.

Now... what other speakers have you had experience with?
  • Sorry about not saying they would be 4 feet apart. I just figured since the room was 13' that I would probably want to keep the suggested 3' or so from outside walls. That would result in about four feet from each other. That's what I was worried about.
  • As far as other speakers, I have had some Polk Monitor 7, 10s and SDA 2b's. Also had a pair of Marantz HD 770's and JBL L100T.
  • Thank you guys for your help.
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    You've got some great history of nice speakers there. ;)B)

Spread the speakers more if get them. like I said, the SRS2's I heard in a bedroom were 16" from each sidewall and I still heard an impressive soundstage.

Let us know if you get them, OK?
  • I certainly will. There is also some SDA 1C's floating around but I was thinking the SRS 2 would probably be better?
  • One other thing. Do you think my Parasound 2125v.2 will have enough power for them?
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    I haven't owned any Parasound amps yet(YET.LOL) but I've heard they're very powerful capable amps. All of them in their own wattage ranges. Yours seems to be powerful enough but maybe a Parasound SRS owner will chime in and tell you real world experiences.

I have a 4 ohm set of SRS2's. There are 8 ohm versions too. I hope the set you're looking at is an 8 ohm version but don't pass up a set if the price is right or they're gifted to you like my first set was.

SRS2's...BASS you can feel. B):D

Your amps specs...;
    https://www.audiolab.com/parasound-2125-v-2-two-channel-power-amplifier/
  • Great. Thanks. I am looking forward to getting them!!
  • FestYboy
    The 1Cs would be a good option if you desire to upgrade the IC system. That is if the 1Cs are pin-blade.
  • Tony M
    Great. Thanks. I am looking forward to getting them!!

NICE! B)

Pick one of your favorite songs to christen them with after you set them up in your own home. ;) I'll bet you'll smile a BIG smile!
  • Sorry about not saying they would be 4 feet apart. I just figured since the room was 13' that I would probably want to keep the suggested 3' or so from outside walls. That would result in about four feet from each other. That's what I was worried about.

I have my SDAs only about 2 feet or so from the side walls and about 5 1/2 feet between. I have some pretty good dimensional imaging, granted I wish my room was a couple feet deep so I could get more bass out of it.

Get the SDAs
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Those look great! Late model SRS2s are very nice.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Tony M
    Those are nicer and better than the 2 pr. I've owned. ;) Nice acquisition!

I think yours are 8 ohm too.
  • Thanjs. They are in great shape. The guy I got them from had a beautiful house and everything in it was in prestine condition including the speakers. I could tell he really didn't want to get rid of them but his wifey didn't mind.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Proton gear and SDA's were good matches back in '88.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• He actually mentioned the Proton stuff but not in a complimentary way?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Crap! He paid $1,999 for those new? They still look new! Nice score!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    They weren't 2K new for MSRP were they?

I've been undervaluing mine then!