Les Claypool & Sean Lennon Collaboration

Nightfall
Nightfall Posts: 10,042
edited March 2016 in Music & Movies
Les Claypool (Primus, Les Claypool Frog Brigade, Sausage, etc) and Sean Lennon (John Lennon - might remember his dad) have been "throwing musical pasta at the wall" under the name The Claypool Lennon Delirium. Here's a song.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-les-claypool-sean-lennons-raw-new-psych-pop-duo-20160120

I'm a huge Les Claypool fan but what do you all think of this?

afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Like it. Better than Nancy Sinatra! :)
    Thanks for posting NF.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Was going to see Saber Tooth Tiger w/ his GF, but I couldn't make it at the last minute. Interesting stuff.
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    Like it. Better than Nancy Sinatra! :)
    Thanks for posting NF.

No picking on my gal Nancy !!
    Bad Red Bad Red
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    Hell of a lot better then I thought it was going to be. Wasn't certain how Sean Lennon was going to fit in the equation, but based off of that one song I'd buy it.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Nightfall
    edited April 2016
    For those that might be interested you can now preorder their album, releases June 3rd.

2 LP set - $22
    http://clubbastardo.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=297_81310&pc=OLLP18

CD - $12
    http://clubbastardo.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=297_81310&pc=OLCD33

• Nightfall

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    I am going to try to make it to the show in June.

http://theorangepeel.net/events/claypool-lennon-delirium/
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Nightfall wrote: »

Listening to this on a pair of SDA's would be phenominal!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Thanks, @Nightfall, LOVE those songs!

They're coming to our amphitheater in Wilmington in June. Should be an unpredictable and fun show. I've never seen him or any of the related bands, so I'm expecting the unexpected. Ordering the LP this morning.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    I haven't been to Bonnaroo in a long time, but this show would probably make it worth the hassle of dealing with the dirty hippie/frat boy mixture. Primus at Bonnaroo way back when is still one of my favorite shows ever.

Anyone here have the Oysterhead album? Another good Claypool project, in my opinion.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited April 2016
    I prefer John's other son, Julian over Sean by a wide margin. To bad they can't stand each other thanks to the wicked witch of the east... I think that would have made an awesome collaboration.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    JPete wrote: »
    Anyone here have the Oysterhead album? Another good Claypool project, in my opinion.
    Yep, oustanding, 5 stars. Interesting super-group that I'd really like to see more from.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    JPete wrote: »
    Yep, oustanding, 5 stars. Interesting super-group that I'd really like to see more from.

I saw them play a show, coincidentally at Bonnaroo.. Claypool must love that festival. Anyway, the live show was nearly note for note repeat of the album. Rather disappointing considering the members. It was still really cool to see them, and Les did bring out the bend-a-neck standup bass which is always interesting.

Copeland is getting up there in age. I bet it's tough to keep up on drums with guys like Trey and Les when you're in your 60's. Doubtful that they will be doing anything together again, but that would be awesome.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    I am going to try to make it to the show in June.

http://theorangepeel.net/events/claypool-lennon-delirium/

Bad news, not sure if I'm going to make this show. I work the same day and my brother graduates the day after. He's a six hour drive from me. I'd have to burn the candle from both ends to accomplish those two days. .
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    861ffle310fc.jpg
    dmfy27n2lbbv.jpg
    Just added the second album from this collaboration South Of Reality
    The first one never gets old the second release is just as good and is highly recommended great music for the SDA's. If you liked the first one your going to love South Of Reality.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)