Whats Up with this stockcar race?

So there are 5 races or "stages" within the race? I dont get it....

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Also, it's spec car racing, has been for decades.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    20 plus cars wiped out in an instant and a half an hour to clean up the mess. I expect to see some wrecks at Daytona, but by the time the checkered flag dropped there were about a dozen cars out of 40 left on the track. They need to listen to the drivers and improve that facility to accommodate the cars better and get rid of the rules and restrictor plates that force drivers to have to run like that in the first place.

What I saw today wasn't racing, it was a demolition derby.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    20 plus cars wiped out in an instant and a half an hour to clean up the mess. I expect to see some wrecks at Daytona, but by the time the checkered flag dropped there were about a dozen cars out of 40 left on the track. They need to listen to the drivers and improve that facility to accommodate the cars better and get rid of the rules and restrictor plates that force drivers to have to run like that in the first place.

What I saw today wasn't racing, it was a demolition derby.

Haven't watched NASCAR in years. Crashes are the only thing that make the races interesting.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    I haven't watched a full NASCAR race in years, seen a few final laps but nothing I lose any time over.

With the implementation of segmented races, or "stages" I just dont see the point. Drivers take a long time to break away then are pretty much re-grouped...what's left of the field anyway.

Watching the first half of the race..or 3/4's, is like watching the guy retrieve 40 shopping carts from the parking lot with their motorized pushing device.