Center channel for monitor 70 series ii

Options
Hi,
I know this comes up from time to time on here, but the "matched" center channels don't seem to be available anymore. Pretty much can't find the CS2 anywhere, and the CS20 is only out there new in cherry. So, what would be the next best option to pair with 70s?

Comments

• pyrocyborg
    pyrocyborg Posts: 524
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Well, I've heard a couple of systems where the center channel isn't matched, and in most cases, it wasn't displeasing at all. This happens especially with those who have older speakers or stereo speakers that do not have a corresponding center (i.e. lines intended at music enthusiast, more than HT).

My guess is that you need to go for something that is at the very least similar in design (especially the tweeter, for example), but you might give other Polk series a go : I haven't heard the T series, but they seem to be the successor to the Monitor/TSi. They might not sound identical, and they surely do not look the same, but unless you can find a used Monitor at a decent price, they would be my best bet. If you don't like it, just send it back.

After that would be the RTiA line, but it probably wouldn't sound entirely the same.

Anyway, if you have Audyssey or any other auto calibration software, the tonal difference between your L/R speakers and your center might end up being minimal, as long as they share "similar" enough components.

Edit : Seeing that it was posted in the "For sale" forum, I think this was posted in the wrong subsection. You might not get a lot of answers
    Speakers: Polk Audio LSiM 705, LSiM 703, LSiM 704c
    Receiver: Denon X3500H
  • jesseroscoe
    jesseroscoe Posts: 6
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. No idea how I ended up posting this in classifieds. Braindead, I guess :)

I've reposted this in the Speakers section