Odyssey Audio Tempest Preamp

For Sale: The Odyssey Audio Tempest Solid State Preamp. Purchased new from Odyssey Audio by me less than 5 years ago. Warranty will be transferable. This has been my primary pre for the last three years or so.

This also has the upgraded Mu-metal transformer.

Selling due to a recent acquisition that nullifies my need for this.

Polky Price is $1400 shipped/insured, you pay fee's if applicable. I do accept and prefer paypal friends/family.

Specs here: http://www.odysseyaudio.com/products-tempest.html

This does have the optional 2nd outputs installed. The Odyssey logo lights up perfectly. The remote works and will be included. This amp also has Phone MM and MC inputs as well as a full tape circuit.

zuc17hyfk3da.jpg

esjmfyhci30y.jpg

ajznrn03lt2w.jpg
Aaron
Enabler Extraordinaire

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Oh man is this one tempting. I could consolidate my phono pre and pre into one damned nice device....
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    ALL212 wrote: »
    For Sale: The Odyssey Audio Tempest Solid State Preamp. Purchased new from Odyssey Audio by me less than 5 years ago. Warranty will be transferable.

How long is the warranty?

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    15 more years
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    Right from the website:

20 Year Warranty Program:Based on the 18 years history of strong reliability of our products and the German Symphonic Line designs they are based on, we're offering a no-nonsense standard warranty coverage:

◾20 years for all parts.
    ◾Labor is inclusive for the first 2 years, and after that time period, we'll be charging a shop rate of $20/hour for registered customers.
    ◾The above indicated shop rate applies to all repairs that are not covered under the terms of the standard 20 year warranty for all registered owners.

The standard 20 year warranty is transferrable to a second user only, so please keep an extra copy of the warranty registration in a safe place.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Taking a cue from Bryston. :)

Thanks.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ALL212
    Buy this....buy this...buy thissssssssssss

5z6pzkrzkb2i.jpg
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • VR3
    Do it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ALL212
    edited February 2019
    More temptation:

I've added some sound damping to the chassis (and not pictured - to the top as well).
    daojgyfjk50s.jpeg

Symphonic Line caps:
    fn6u5fendedb.jpeg

And that's MY transformer - as indicated by Klaus' handwritting. Ok... he marked this one out for me as it is an upgrade from the standard one he uses.
    knnds1z282dp.jpeg

Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • VR3
    Blue cap pretty cap
  • ALL212
    The Boomp…
    $1300 with above terms.
    $1250 if you pick it up or get within 100 miles of Rockford, IL for delivery.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire