Franklin Mint 100 Greatest Recordings of All Time

Options
Tex
Tex Posts: 189
edited January 2012 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This is a 100 album set of lp's put out by Franklin Mint and is all classical music. There are actually 50 double album sets. These are quality recordings on quality vinyl. Most of the vinyl is in NM condition but there are a few that that would rate VG to Excellent. Most of the cases they are in are in very good condition but some have a little wear and tear on them. These are about 30 years old so I guess you can expect some wear. All of them have the booklets that tell about what is on each album. I just stacked these up for the picture, we have our house for sale and decided before I boxed them up that I would offer them for sale. These would be too heavy to ship so I am going to say local pickup only for now. I should be traveling to Mesquite on Saturday and could bring them with me if someone was interested. Feel free to ask questions, I am hoping I don't have to type up all the selections, composers, orchestras, etc. Asking $350
Post edited by Tex on

Comments

• Tex
    edited June 2010
    Options
    How about $250. I'll still be coming to Mesquite on Saturday. I'll also box them up and ship them if you want.
  • LenoftheRAN
    LenoftheRAN Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Tex,

Have you still got these records for sale?

Len
  • Tex
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I still have these and now we have a contract on our house so these need to go. If anyone within driving distance is interested I'll take $100 for them. If you have a nice pair of bookshelf speakers to work a trade with I will consider that also.
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,237
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Man, I'd love to get these. You said up above you might ship, any idea how much that might run for media mail (I would imagine)? How many packages would that even be?
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • Tex
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The entire set weighs 165lbs. I figured one quote to Ohio was going to be $75 through FedEx Ground to a business address. That was shipping them in 5 boxes that would weigh about 35lbs each. I can get you a more exact quote with a zip code.
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,237
    edited August 2010
    Options
    80863, and that is a business address also. Is it cheaper to ship to business or home?
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If he doesn't take them I will...Just let me know...
  • Tex
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I really don't want to ship these. I think it is entirely too hot and I am afraid these could suffer some damage. I am going to stick to local pickup until September 14th. If I move them I will probably just go ahead and keep them.
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tex wrote: »
    I really don't want to ship these. I think it is entirely too hot and I am afraid these could suffer some damage. I am going to stick to local pickup until September 14th. If I move them I will probably just go ahead and keep them.

I sure appreciated your mentioning the heat thing when we PM'd.

Yesterday a set of these (also in Texas) went with just 1 bid for $235 shipped by media mail and I'll bet they arrive looking like melted candle wax after 9 or 10 days in the hands of the US Postal Service.

$100 is a SMOKIN' DEAL and I sure wish I lived closer.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • Tex
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • Tex
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If anyone in DFW area is interested in these for $100 I should be heading that way on Saturday and can bring them with me.
  • ChrisWiggles
    ChrisWiggles Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Are these still available? I've been interested in learning more about classical music, and would gladly pay to ship them.

-regards,
    Chris
  • quadzilla
    quadzilla Posts: 1,543
    edited January 2012
    Options
    nooooo... i bought those a long time ago.
    Turntable: Empire 208
    Arm: Rega 300
    Cart: Shelter 501 III
    Phono Pre: Aural Thrills
    Digital: Pioneer DV-79ai
    Pre: Conrad Johnson ET3 SE
    Amp: Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000
    Cables: Cardas Neutral Reference
    Speakers: SDA 2.3TL, heavily modified
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It's a 50 volume set, with two lp's to each volume. Each volume is a very impact-resistant hardcase. I have maybe 30 or 35 VOLUMES (total 70 or so lp's) of that exact set, that I would love to have someone (Antny) pick-up for $100.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sounds like a good time for a little drive...
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2012
    Options
    amulford wrote: »
    Sounds like a good time for a little drive...

Yes, the drive we spoke about a year ago regarding these lp's. Happy New Year.
  • shredmandan
    Options
    I know this is a very old post...did this set ever sell?? If not I would like to buy it.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    Looks like those sold 7 yrs ago to someone who hasn't posted on here for over 3 yrs.