8' Bi-Wire speaker cables w/ bananas

Looking for a pair of 8' bi-wire speaker cables with bananas on all ends. Thanks.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited February 2019
    Anyone tried these ELAC Sensible Speaker Cables? https://www.elac.com/series/sensible-speaker-wire/

@AndrewJones

Edit: Nevermind, looks like they don't come in bi-wire.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    SVS' SoundPath cables get great reviews, and are fairly cheap ($90ish for a 12 foot pair). I think you can get biwire cables, and you can choose your ends (pin, banana, or spade, or a mix of all the above).
    I'm planning on getting a pair in the nearish future, so when I do I can tell you what I think. :)
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    8ft banana biwire.... sounds so familiar.... This sounds like exactly what I have.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Clipdat
    Joey_V wrote: »
    8ft banana biwire.... sounds so familiar.... This sounds like exactly what I have.

This was recommended to me earlier today, but I'm not big on spades: https://www.usedcable.com/audioquest-aspen-biwire-spades-10ft-3m-pair-speaker-cables.html
  • Clipdat
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    SVS' SoundPath cables get great reviews, and are fairly cheap ($90ish for a 12 foot pair). I think you can get biwire cables, and you can choose your ends (pin, banana, or spade, or a mix of all the above).
    I'm planning on getting a pair in the nearish future, so when I do I can tell you what I think. :)

They do not appear to be available in bi-wire, unfortunately.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Clipdat wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »

They do not appear to be available in bi-wire, unfortunately.

Darn. Sorry!
    You may want to try calling SVS, as they will do all kinds of custom lengths and such and may do a biwire for you as well.
  • Joey_V

This was recommended to me earlier today, but I'm not big on spades: https://www.usedcable.com/audioquest-aspen-biwire-spades-10ft-3m-pair-speaker-cables.html

I also have the aspens but I have not used them as I was waiting for my tube monoblocks to utilize them in conjunction w my main system as a secondary
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
  • Clipdat
    edited February 2019
    I also have the aspens but I have not used them as I was waiting for my tube monoblocks to utilize them in conjunction w my main system as a secondary

The Aspens definitely sound interesting, and I probably would have been willing to deal with the spades if they were 8ft instead of 10.

Edit: Oops, posted too soon. I see the Audiogon listing now, interesting. I searched and saw the thread of yours where you were trying to run them and how ridiculously stiff they were. Not sure I want to go down that route with speaker cables. It looked like you had even more room to work with them than I do and they were still a chore.
  • Joey_V
    What’s your rack situation look like?
  • Clipdat
    DSkip wrote: »
    I do have a set of Mini Eclipse still.

Length and termination?
  • Clipdat
    What’s your rack situation look like?

Pretty close quarters, not a lot of room for bends. I'll take some photos tomorrow of how the Bedrock cables are currently.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    what's your budget?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Clipdat
    Ideally 1k or under.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Nordost. Purple. Two sets.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Anyone tried these ELAC Sensible Speaker Cables? https://www.elac.com/series/sensible-speaker-wire/

@AndrewJones

Edit: Nevermind, looks like they don't come in bi-wire.
    The banana jacks are crap.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    i would go the best quality single wire i could afford with jumpers.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • ^^this
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Hey Drew,
    I can make you a 8 ft. pair of our Alpha Bi-Wire speaker cables with Furutech FT-212R banana plugs on both ends for well under your 1K budget. (You'll also get your 10% Club Polk discount) I'll give you a guarantee that if they don't like them I'll give you a full refund too. I'll break them in on our Audiodharma cable cooker so when you get them it'll only take about 10 hours to settle into your system. About 2 weeks before I can ship.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • Clipdat
    Hey Drew,
    I can make you a 8 ft. pair of our Alpha Bi-Wire speaker cables with Furutech FT-212R banana plugs on both ends for well under your 1K budget. (You'll also get your 10% Club Polk discount) I'll give you a guarantee that if they don't like them I'll give you a full refund too. I'll break them in on our Audiodharma cable cooker so when you get them it'll only take about 10 hours to settle into your system. About 2 weeks before I can ship.

Could you explain more about how the Furutech "locking" plugs work?

Gotta love a money back guarantee.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I’ve said it before I and I’ll say it again...
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    Hey Drew,

Could you explain more about how the Furutech "locking" plugs work?

Gotta love a money back guarantee.
    Thanks Drew. The Furutech 212 banana plugs have a black barrel that you twist clockwise to lock. What happens is a pin inside the plug pushes forward inside the split plug, expanding it tight against the inside of the binding post. When you want to remove them, just twist the black barrel counterclockwise allowing the pin to come back and release the pressure. Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • Clipdat
    Still looking. Hard to find that perfect speaker cable that ticks all the boxes for me.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Kimber Kable 8VS or 8TC....

It go big w the 12VS/12TC.

Can be biwired
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Clipdat
    edited February 2019
    Kimber Kable 8VS or 8TC....

It go big w the 12VS/12TC.

Can be biwired

Why the heck does the cable look so nice, but those bananas that they use look so cheap and dinky?

kk12vs_ban-LARGE.jpg
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Supra Quadrax or dh labs q10

Best connection is bare wire, go for it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    VR3 wrote: »
    Supra Quadrax or dh labs q10

Best connection is bare wire, go for it

https://silversonic.com/products/speaker-cables/q-10-signature/

Looks cool.
  • Clipdat
    From PMC's FAQ page:

What speaker cable should I use?

PMC recommend using a high quality thick multi-strand Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) cable between the amplifier and speakers. The use of ‘exotic” cables has limited improvement on sound quality, so we would not advocate spending great quantities of money. However, if you are prepared to spend a great deal of money in this area, we would strongly advice you listen first to determine whether the outlay is worth the improvement.
  • Clipdat
    DSkip wrote: »
    PMC primarily designs studio monitors so it could be the stereophonic qualities higher end cables can bring are of no concern to them.

Perhaps, but clearly there is some synergy to be found here, as evidenced by how poor the low listening level bass was with the MITs, but how excellent the locked in center image and ultra detailed treble and palpable midrange was.

Conversely, how the low volume level bass returned with the Audioquest cables, but the imaging dispersed and the treble and mids became much more localized to the speakers themselves.

Interestingly, PMC also has a statement about amplification in their FAQ:

"What amplifiers do we recommend?

At PMC we use Bryston amplifiers for who we are the UK supplier. As our speakers have been developed using their amplifiers and visa-versa, the combinations offers good synergy and excellent results, and we would recommend you audition Bryston amplifiers with our speakers if possible.

The ideal amplifier should have enough power in reserve to reproduce powerful transients present in many forms of music. It is easier to damage a loudspeaker with a low powered amplifier driven too hard and producing a distorted signal than with a high power amplifier with plenty of power in reserve. Please consult your dealer if in doubt."