SL 3000 tweeters

duke1010
duke1010 Posts: 3
edited June 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Hello. I need two SL 3000 tweeters for my rta speakers can anyone help? Do these tweeters blow easy or what?

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2005
    NO, they don't unless you overdrive or distort them.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited June 2005
    more than likely, they were underpowered and distorted :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Hi everyone. New to the forum since picking up a pair of SDA-2B Studios ...that I love. The previous owner upgraded the tweeters to SL-3000s. Does the crossover need to be modified to use them?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Hi everyone. New to the forum since picking up a pair of SDA-2B Studios ...that I love. The previous owner upgraded the tweeters to SL-3000s. Does the crossover need to be modified to use them?

To be used correctly yes there would need to be some cap work done.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    You'll have to do the TL mod. A search should bring up all the info you need.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Wow, two faces from the past, Noah and ND13... this place sure has changed :(

Oh and welcome back Jesse, glad we can see you posting again.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • F1nut
    Thanks Harry, good to see you too.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited February 2019
    Are the SDA2b-studios the same as SDA2b's ? Wouldnt he be better off to put RD0194"s in them ? I understand its time to refresh the crossovers as they are beyond there time. shouldnt there be SL2000's in them ? Just wondering here
    Post edited by boston1450 on
    Randy/Maine
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    No, yes, and yes in that order.
  • boston1450
    edited February 2019
    My bad. i thought the 2b Studio's had the same crossover as the 2b & crs+ .
    Randy/Maine
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited February 2019
    They do, but SDA 2 is a different animal. Actually its what I'm listening to now.

And she keeps turning them down :s
  • boston1450
    So it is the same crossover. They do take sl2000 tweeters. The drop in replacement is the RD0194 tweeters.... To use the sl3000 tweeters you would need to modify the crossovers & then you could use the RD0198 tweeters. Have i got that correct
    Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    boston1450 wrote: »
    So it is the same crossover. They do take sl2000 tweeters. The drop in replacement is the RD0194 tweeters.... To use the sl3000 tweeters you would need to modify the crossovers & then you could use the RD0198 tweeters. Have i got that correct

Yes
  • F1nut
    edited February 2019
    To use the RD0198 you would need to parallel a 5.8uF cap with the first 2.7ohm resistor and remove the second 2.7ohm resistor. However, I can't say how the TL mod would play with the 6510 mid-drivers in the 2A's.

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    Thx nice info. I couldnt remember info on them. I had the 2a's & 2b studio's + they came & went. I kept the 2b & 1c speakers which i did upgrade the tweeters. Far better upgrade
    Randy/Maine
  • F1nut
    The 2B Studio and 2B are exactly the same with the exception of the cabinets.

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    The SL3000 tweeter upgrade is the RD0198 . here is my quick review. I changed one out in the 15tl & turned the Adcom on & BIG :) then i shut er down & put the other one in quickly. What a noticable difference
    Randy/Maine
  • F1nut
    ^ No doubt ^

President of Club Polk