Man Oh Man

Options
Did you hear about this? Yesterday, a jogger was attacked by a mountain lion near Ft. Collins, CO. The man fought to save his life, and managed to kill the lion with his bare hands. A mountain lion is an apex predator! This man is VERY lucky to be alive today. He definitely has earned major BAD**S status!

https://deadspin.com/colorado-runner-kills-mountain-lion-with-his-bare-hands-1832365312
McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    I saw this earlier today and I was wondering how he did it. He must've put it in a choke hold/headlock, right?
  • mark090852
    Options
    You might be right. But I can't even imagine being able to do that. Just a 10 lb house cat would likely shred the skin on your arms if you tried to hold it in a head lock. How on earth could you hold an 80lb mountain lion long enough for it to pass out without it clawing your arms down to the bone! When I first heard the story, I thought for sure the guy was carrying a hunting knife with him, but from all reports it was just his bare hands. I do a lot of hiking in Colorado, and think I'm going to start carrying a hunting knife with me at all times from now on.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Try a small magnum pow pow.
    Even with a knife the odds are against you when they have multiple switch blades attached at the feet....
    Just sayin.

That guy wanted to live worse than the cat pure and simple.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Chuck Norris should invite this guy over for a steak....
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    Options
    Chuck Norris should invite this guy over for a steak....

RAW....of course ;)
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Wait until PETA tries to press charges on this guy......
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I'd want to cook the shoulders and legs of that beast if it attacked me and I killed it. It would've eaten me...right?

I say fire up the grill! >:) I've got some skinin to do and I'd call a taxidermist to mount it's beautiful head and front legs with the claws out in a pouncing posture. Then again, the whole body could be mounted like this. Look at the claws that guy faced!
    ug6z0uk3dw7t.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Options
    The front canines would make a nice necklace too. You know...like bear hunters wear.

But you'd most likely have a lot better story behind the teeth you're wearing! B)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2019
    Options
    80 pound juvenile. These are generally more dangerous because they aren't good hunters yet, are very hungry and don't know that humans can be a threat. Now if it were a large (140 - 180 lbs) seasoned male, that man would be dead. I often mushroom hunt in the woods here in Oregon and Washington and I always carry a .45
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Golden Saber. B)
    Sal Palooza
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    I imagine he will have enough to remember the lion by.

Yeah, the schitt stained underwear!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :*:*:*
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I'd still want the teeth and claws!

My 15 lb. cat is heavy to me. An 80 lb.er would be pretty scary for sure. You say the adults get to 180...you are 99% right that we'd loose that fight every time unless you can snap their jaws with your bare hands. How about poking their eyes out if we have a chance? :#

I'd think we'd be bleeding to death from a 180 lb.er attack if we were to escape the initial attack.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Since I weigh 168 I wouldn't want to fight a 180 lb cat. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Rear naked choke for the win! I heard the jogger can no longer jog due to the MASSIVE cajones in between his legs.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Tony M
    Options
    He now needs a wheel barrow for them. :D
  • Tony M
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Since I weigh 168 I wouldn't want to fight a 180 lb cat. :)

180 would my weight class. In my youth, I'd have a small chance of survival I think. Now...NOT SO MUCH. :s:'(
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,517
    Options
    I don’t think I could survive a mountain lion attack even if I had a knife.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,427
    Options
    You wouldn't have time to scrub up, that's for sure.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    So my prediction was correct, he choked it to death.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    So now it has been determined that the ferocious mountain lion was 4 to 5 months old and weighed 35 to 40 pounds when alive. It was a baby, probably washed down a mouthful of mommy's milk before heading out for the first time. Pfft.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/14/us/mountain-lion-attack-colorado-runner/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

I watched the interview this morning. He said if it had been the mama, he would have been a goner.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I wonder if he like suplexed the cat? Ya gotta figure the cat would be dumbfounded and flabbergasted and stuff long enough to make the kill. This also makes me wonder " think I'm going to start carrying a hunting knife with me". I would stay out of the woods.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I always carry a hunting knife in case I am attacked by a cougar, a bear, a Snuffleupagus, a T-Rex,a B-52 or some screwball with a pitchfork. Gotta be prepared! That's why I suggest you fill your pockets with stuff like radishes and parsley for a suitable garnish when you are prepared. It's all about the presentation!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    So my prediction was correct, he choked it to death.

"There were multiple causes of death including blunt trauma and strangulation." He hit it in the head with a rock while his wrist was in it's mouth. Damn scary situation for sure. Then having to run 3 more miles wondering if there's more hungry cats looking for a meal must've been terrifying as well.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Yeah that's probably one of the worst parts about the whole thing. Having to run 3 freaking miles after that incident while you're bloodied and messed up.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I don't remember how many miles that he had to walk but there was a guy that had his face pealed off from the nape of his neck by a friendly bear and had to hold it on while he hiked to find help. He almost died from blood loss. It may have been the same story where that bear had six .38 slugs in him from the last guy that he did kill. Stay out of the woods unless you have close air support. And if you do always wear those little bells.
  • afterburnt
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Yeah that's probably one of the worst parts about the whole thing. Having to run 3 freaking miles after that incident while you're bloodied and messed up.

Yeah I would rather be eaten than run three miles, that kind of exertion would kill me.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    edited February 2019
    Options
    That reminds me of a guy that went hiking in a canyon and a bolder dropped and pinned his hand. He finally hand to take his pocket knife and cut his hand off and then walk a few miles to get help. Pretty sure I got the gist of that story correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Ralston
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    That reminds me of a guy that went hiking in a canyon and a bolder dropped and pinned his hand. He finally hand to take his pocket knife and cut his hand off and then walk a few miles to get help. Pretty sure I got the gist of that story correct.

They made a movie about it: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1542344/
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    I bet I'm remembering the movie and not the news story!
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Ralston

That was James Franco. :)