Connect Two PSWi225 with one transmitter?

Hello. I bought a PSWi225 (wireless rules!) as a 2nd sub for my main stereo (music only, no TV or games). As I liked the bass improvement on a former bass-empty part of the loft-type area, I'm thinking about buying another PSWi225 for the studio area and having now two PSWi225 paired with a single transmitter, the one I'm already using. Distance and "line of sight" to the existing transmitter would be no problem for the 2nd PSWi225.

Anyone knows whether the transmitter and the sub have a 1:1 exclusive pairing or if I can just buy the new PSWi225, plug it to the wall and voila! Extra bass!!!
Thanks.
Post edited by GranGus on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited June 2011
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I tried to call Polk customer service for you but it seems they are swamped right now. I would think that they would be universal [using the same channels on both units] but I do not want to answer your inquiry and be wrong. BTW, you do not need a line of sight. The demo unit I had went through walls and up and over islands with no issues whatsoever. Not that I would want to have kept it that way, I was just experimenting with it one evening and it passed the test with flying colors.

The best way for you to find out the answer to your question would be to call them. Don't e-mail, call. In the meantime, I'll try again in a short stint.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • GranGus
    GranGus Posts: 6
    edited June 2011
    Thaks, treitz3! I'd think the same way as you, but I really want to be sure before I go and put some bucks (well, pesos down here!). And regading LOS, yep, you're right. I think it will work as good as a 2.4Ghx telephone.
    Thanks again.
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2011
    No selectable frequency on them? :confused:
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • GranGus
    edited June 2011
    No TECHNOKID, the PSWi225 does not have selectable frecuency. It only has 5 wireless ID options that need to be paired with the transmitter, in case you face some interference at home with microwave, phone, etc.
    Thanks!
  • TECHNOKID
    edited June 2011
    GranGus wrote: »
    No TECHNOKID, the PSWi225 does not have selectable frecuency. It only has 5 wireless ID options that need to be paired with the transmitter, in case you face some interference at home with microwave, phone, etc.
    Thanks!
    Yes the PSWi225 has selectable frequency as I suspected. The so called ID are actually shifting the 2.4Ghz frequency slightly to provide for multiple wireless electronics to work in the home without interfering with each other.

p. 3 top right of your user manual reference ID:
    The wireless ID switches; found on both the subwoofer and the transmitter, select the wireless channel for the wireless signal. The switch setting change the frequency of the wireless signal the wireless transmitter sends to the wireless subwoofer.

IMHO, like most wireless signals you can not use the same channel-Frequency as they will interfer with each other and more likely freeze however, since the wireless transmitter-subwoofer has selectable ID-Frequency, you can simply use both transmitters set at different ID-Frequencies which will allow both subs to work without interfering with each other.

http://www.polkaudio.com/downloads/manuals/home/PSWi225-manual.pdf
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • GranGus
    edited June 2011
    OK, I get your idea. Thanks for your research. But my doubt is on trying to use two PSWi225 with a single transmitter, so I'll have both of them working at the same time without needing to hook the 2nd transmitter. I was wondering if the Sub comes somehow matched with its specific transmitter from Factory or if any PSWi225 sub will work with any PSWi225 transmitter? Your thoughts will be well apreciated!
  • TECHNOKID
    edited June 2011
    Kim wrote: »
    Unfortunately you can't do this with a single transmitter. I was using two of these subs and you have to maintain a minimal distance of 8 to 10 feet apart from the two transmitters.
    Ouch, that is sad info! We work with wireless Transmitters/receivers constantly and we stack them one on top of the other without any issues. What is the issue with those transmitters that needs such a distance separation?:confused: Theorically, as long as they are set on different channels (frequencies) there should not be any issues, right?

Cheers!
    TK
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • GranGus
    edited June 2011
    Exactly! Double Ouch! I thought I could add more than one Sub without problem (like wireless telephone extentions) ... But maybe Polk is preventing problems that I'm not aware of them...
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited June 2011
    Ah, thank you Kim. Duly noted.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • GranGus
    edited June 2011
    Thanks indeed Kim. Your accurate information really helped me on not wasting my money and saved me also a lot of time. Regards from Mexico!
  • bocaj
    bocaj Posts: 1
    Guys i need help can i use any transmitter or need to use the original transmitter?if i can what is the best transmitter?