So I sold some shoes to Paramount Pictures tonight

When someone from Paramount Pictures wants a pair of brand new vintage Converse shoes and they absolutely have to get to Hollywood by tomorrow morning so they can be used on the Netflix sitcom Grace and Frankie, you get the damn shoes to Hollywood by tomorrow morning.

namdzr326ui7.jpeg

Comments

• msgmsg Posts: 4,835
    edited January 31
    Wow, Cool!

I remember those, with the messed up line alignment.
    And I'd welcome them back in a heartbeat.
    I *really* miss USA made All-Stars...

Who's gonna be wearing them?
    I disabled signatures.
  • John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 2,119
    edited January 31
    msg wrote: »
    Wow, Cool!

I remember those, with the messed up line alignment.
    And I'd welcome them back in a heartbeat.
    I *really* miss USA made All-Stars...

Who's gonna be wearing them?

I don’t know, but I briefly talked to her on the phone and then texted. The show stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin, so they *could* be options.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,970
    edited January 31
    Hope you soaked them for a lot of coin on those… and perhaps a small role in the next Star Trek film.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • WagnerRCWagnerRC Posts: 1,840
    Congrats
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 709
    I'd work for free on that show.
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; LSiFX ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,403
    How many pairs do you currently have?
    BTW that is pretty cool that some network calls you for shoes!!
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• SIHABSIHAB Posts: 763
    I'm having a deja vu moment...
    didn't you sell some stuff to Hollywood in the past?
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,906
    Pretty wild. In 2000, my Bose 901 VI's were sold to the Hershey factory for their break room. True story.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i | Preamp/DAC: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Signal Cable Analog 2 XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; DH Labs D-75 Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
    SIHAB wrote: »
    I'm having a deja vu moment...
    didn't you sell some stuff to Hollywood in the past?

Negative. I sold my previous two pair of deadstock Converse from the 50s and 60s to two buyers overseas (Thailand, I believe). They're huge sneakerheads over there, especially for vintage Converse.
    Willow wrote: »
    How many pairs do you currently have?
    BTW that is pretty cool that some network calls you for shoes!!

This was the last of the Converse that I have in stock, though I'm in talks with someone to buy a couple more pairs similar to these. I have two pair of Nikes and a pair of Etonics remaining, as well as dozens of pairs of vintage tube socks from the 70s and 80s.

Check out my other thread on the vintage haul I made. The Nike LDVs are first editions from the 1970s and in immaculate condition. They are valued quite high, so I'll be excited when they move.
    Hope you soaked them for a lot of coin on those… and perhaps a small role in the next Star Trek film.

I got $200 plus shipping for them. The only role I'd be qualified in playing is that of a ghoulish-looking alien.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,255
    my guess is Lily Tomlin wears them. I am only on season 2 but I really like the show and I'll keep my eyes peeled during season 6 (which is what I think they are filming right now...)

That's super cool! But I think you should have asked for more loot lol...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,879
    I had a buddy who sold a Triumph TR-7 IIRC for a movie just so they could promptly wreck it in some stunt.
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    my guess is Lily Tomlin wears them. I am only on season 2 but I really like the show and I'll keep my eyes peeled during season 6 (which is what I think they are filming right now...)

That's super cool! But I think you should have asked for more loot lol...

Since it was on eBay, the price was already set; otherwise, I would have asked for a bit more!