"The Audiophile Mall" Adelphi Singapore

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,027
So, me and the wife have been on a month long excursion to Japan, Vietnam and Singapore... lots of fun. Anyways, so, since I am an audiophile nerd, of course I had to see what Audio shops were around us as we traveled around.

The most notable, without question was Adelphi in Singapore. This is quite literally an audiophile Mecca, with 40 + audiophile stores with systems ranging from 2k to 1 million USD, all setup ready to listen to...

To top it off, they have a freaking Transformers Toy collectors store, so this place became to be known as the mall built for Trey.

If you are ever in Singapore, this is a pretty awesome place to check out.

The good and bad of this experience -

I heard very, very few well setup systems. I heard ALOT of bad audio here, which unfortunately is a testament as to why it is so hard to demo gear in a store setting. On the flip side, I heard quite a few good setups too. I was able to listen to just about every high end brand I could think of except a hand full.

One store had a full suite Avalon acoustics speakers (with none setup). I have always wanted to hear Avalon.

Honorable mentions -
Dali
Vector Acoustics

We heard a few awesome setups in Japan, particularly a Magico setup that sounded beautiful.

Here are some pics, I took all of these before opening as I don't like photographing stores.

srju4vqivhzt.jpg
cftb2qbw58ck.jpg
k35xaierzx2u.jpg
q67crs2sg7bm.jpg
ljxp0mrd8hwb.jpg
08xkph05gu6e.jpg
9ud06saqrqhv.jpg
417s4gu5tvrt.jpg
tcn4zhmw7o8e.jpg
dsztv0hriq2p.jpg
gsqhjlomr9eu.jpg
2ie2t0b66i8q.jpg
u39yl55yx8gm.jpg
lwoannc6adho.jpg
10eddx26o1wr.jpg
uas8p660b108.jpg
iv2khjrmeauy.jpg
at6w6io6woaa.jpg
ofsnxc1i9ndc.jpg
wwd7t8kpd4w3.jpg
h63priop22bc.jpg
a4juds0ifsgq.jpg
kfkfmy13qaoc.jpg
p96d4ucompgg.jpg
onuw3mwj1aw7.jpg
47r9lom4dnhs.jpg
z0lezt4cvehl.jpg
hvht9uj4pq50.jpg
givzmsbm8eyc.jpg
au9ne30793vl.jpg
7q5z5tq2adf0.jpg
khq8f5ohu1u2.jpg
mm7xebpvwaxa.jpg
rgqntlo02jlg.jpg
kezyrf40aqi1.jpg
0b8p0mbgmyy3.jpg

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
    Glad to see you're "unbanned" too!
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,141
    Options
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    DANG!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    That's cool! I believe Jesse posted a video link a while back, but certainly cool for one of us Polkie's to see it firsthand. You must've been in heaven!

So, how many extra suitcases did you need for the return flight? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    Options
    yea none of that will fit in your carry on :D
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,875
    edited January 2019
    Options
  • VR3
    Options
    I really really really tried to find a cable. I learned that would be no small feat.

I found an interesting brand in Japan called zonotone. They had a nice set of interconnects but they wouldn't budge off of the msrp price, which I can't bring myself to pay for any gear.

Was a great experience.

I also heard the devialet phantom that is all over social media as the greatest speaker ever made. All I will say, they definitely over sell that thing, but it is a killer Bluetooth life style speaker.

0iedp5mjtbve.jpg

I also heard the kef blade which I thought was fairly impressive!

uu8xso7jjdep.jpg
    pujn482l8vm9.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    Options
    What impressed me was that shot of the Legacy speakers. Hard to think that from the middle of Illinois to the far east NICE !
  • VR3
    Options
    Yes, they claimed to be the primary legacy dealer in Singapore. They had a room loaded with them ran on some nice gear, can't recall the brand.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Very cool! My wife, little one and I plan to go to Japan in about 2 years time. Looking forward to it!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • VR3
    Options
    My best recommendation is to make your final destination somewhere other than Japan. The reason for that is that it dosnt cost anymore to go somewhere else, Narita is the connecting flight for lots of southeast Asia and as such, it only cost us an extra 30 bucks round trip to stay In Japan versus a normal layover. Just a fwiw
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    My best recommendation is to make your final destination somewhere other than Japan. The reason for that is that it dosnt cost anymore to go somewhere else, Narita is the connecting flight for lots of southeast Asia and as such, it only cost us an extra 30 bucks round trip to stay In Japan versus a normal layover. Just a fwiw

Makes sense and a good tip for a new traveler. Thanks Trey!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    I really really really tried to find a cable. I learned that would be no small feat.

Was a great experience.

Fantastic trip, Trey

Not sure what cable you're looking for. This guy is in Singapore

http://www.audioasylumtrader.com/ca/listing/Interconnects/MIT/Proline-Digital-Reference-AES-EBU/192879

I want this cable, but I'm very leary about overseas deals

Safe travles!

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • VR3
    Options
    I checked out the guys site, looks legit to me. I will say most/all gear in Singapore is imported and as such, there were few good deals to be had.

I want really looking for a particular cable, just anything I may like in the rca interconnect department or digital cable

Appreciate the well wishes!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,600
    Options
    Thank you for sharing all the photos for people like me who will likely never be able to experience it in person!
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    wow a Transformers Toy store.....where are the pics :) this would be a must visit for me......lol