NIN "CARS" With Gary Numan..

https://youtu.be/6qlUFKFHNIU

WOW!!! 2009 and never seen this till today..

Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing Larry.

I remember the first time I heard that song. They used to play music over the PA system at our little league field during warmups and practice back in the very early 80s. That song must've been one of the booth guy's favorites - he played it a lot.

On another note, Trent Reznor grew up in the same town as my wife and graduated from the same High School (six years before my wife). She says she knew him, but I don't believe her... :p
  • I still have the casette The Pleasure Principle, given to me as a birthday present in 1979 if I remember correctly. Cars is the only good song.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    The Pleasure Principle was one of, if not the first 8 track I ever bought with my own money. I was about 9 years old and thought Gary Numan sounded like....The Cars.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    For anyone who has not seen NIN live, put it on your bucket list. Amazing
  • reverb
    reverb Posts: 67
    In addition to catchy music, I found the guy to be almost other-worldy and kind of mesmerizing.

The tune still holds up pretty good too.