Finally Rippin' some CD's to Flac Files

2»

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Ya all too funny. Been at it for years now and it is a regular hobby of mine. 25,180 albums...not songs and more 2-12 disk sets than I care to mention. All sitting in my. Synology DS 918+ NAS. 4 10 TB Iron Wolf drives and not even half way full yet.
    When the solid state drives in 10TB come up and get cheap enough I will make a change. Yes my library is pretty extensive and a gold mine of coolness. And Mike..I don't find time..it finds all of us.
    I make time for the things I find fun and entertaining. Feel me??

"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Ya all too funny. Been at it for years now and it is a regular hobby of mine. 25,180 albums...not songs and more 2-12 disk sets than I care to mention. All sitting in my. Synology DS 918+ NAS. 4 10 TB Iron Wolf drives and not even half way full yet.
    When the solid state drives in 10TB come up and get cheap enough I will make a change. Yes my library is pretty extensive and a gold mine of coolness. And Mike..I don't find time..it finds all of us.
    I make time for the things I find fun and entertaining. Feel me??

Wow, just wow...that's a whole lotta fun :D

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Wow, 25,180 albums, you have my respect!!
  • Mike Reeter
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Wow, 25,180 albums, you have my respect!!

Mine as well!

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    LOL. I have maybe a 1000 CDs ripped, or downloaded, and I never listen to most of them.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox wrote: »
    LOL. I have maybe a 1000 CDs ripped, or downloaded, and I never listen to most of them.

Yes, I experienced the same thing regarding ripping lots of CD's to FLAC and WAV using JRiver. Some downloads from HDTracks. I usually play tracks off no more than 20-25 albums.

I use a W10 laptop, W7 desktop, and PS Audio Nuwave DSD Dac into system.

If I drink some red wine, I find myself jumping around more than 25 albums for singles to play.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    25k albums
    Holy time invested Batman.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    25K of ripped albums? I don't think anyone here can top that tophatjohnny!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Hermitism
    edited January 2019
    WLDock wrote: »
    AsSiMiLaTeD has 6tb of ripped music, if I remember correctly. That's impressive. I don't know how many albums that would be.
  • joecoulson
    if I read this correctly:
    All sitting in my. Synology DS 918+ NAS. 4 10 TB Iron Wolf drives
    That means he has maybe 15TB of music...
  • Hermitism
    I didn't even know there were 25,000 albums in existence!
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    If I had that many albums I would spend 95% of my available listening time searching for something to listen to. Just like Netflix - lol
  • tophatjohnny
    Hermitism wrote: »
    WLDock wrote: »
    AsSiMiLaTeD has 6tb of ripped music, if I remember correctly. That's impressive. I don't know how many albums that would be.

I'll take a stab but doubt. AsSiMiLaTed. will chime in as he has probably assimilated a TB or so since then but 6TB (and depending on format settings) at least for me in the game was about 7800 album's. And believe me I have tunes playing all the time here, .especially when I'm getting down at my portable ripping station
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • joecoulson
    Pretty good guess then at >15TB
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    That’s somewhere between $125k and $375k worth of music! Or my children’s college edumacation lol...And that my friends is why I love tidal!!! Selection, sound quality, and $$$ saved...

But that’s an awesome amount of music man. You could start your own streaming service!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • tophatjohnny
    And to the OP as not intended on jacking the post..Mike...I announced my 1st 1000 rips years ago and have made quite a few changes to the way I do what I do as well as storage. Possibilities are endless and while my passion for music has grown a lot since starting this part of the hobby..to me it is all about the music. Learning of new music all the time.
  • Mike Reeter
    And to the OP as not intended on jacking the post..Mike...I announced my 1st 1000 rips years ago and have made quite a few changes to the way I do what I do as well as storage. Possibilities are endless and while my passion for music has grown a lot since starting this part of the hobby..to me it is all about the music. Learning of new music all the time.

No Jack to me, I find all this very interesting. Carry on!