Multi-Tasking w/ Android Phone thru HU via USB No Android Auto

I'm considering a single-DIN head unit that is android compatible, but does not have android auto.

It also has spotify compatibility, which is achieved through the phone via USB and a data plan.

My concern is that when I'm using google maps navigation with the phone while it's interfaced with the HU via USB, spotify and / or phone functionality may not be available. So, can I receive google maps turn-by-turn directions from the phone while using it for spotify and the occasional phone call?

Any experience with this appreciated. Thank you.
Denon X7200WA
LSiM 705 703 704c
Denon DP 400
Yamaha CDC 775

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Can't answer your question BUT spotify does integrate with Waze which is another legitimate navigation application. Basically Waze will pop in while playing music to tell you when to turn etc etc.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • sponger
    sponger Posts: 325
    Didn't know that. Thanks.
    Denon X7200WA
    LSiM 705 703 704c
    Denon DP 400
    Yamaha CDC 775
  • codycatalist
    No problemo!

The only upside to Waze over Google Maps is it is community updated so you will get all sorts of real time updates. Faster than Google in my experience.

I can't remember but I think some even mark down Police checkpoints etc etc. It's been a while since I read that though so might not be the case anymore.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • codycatalist

• sponger
    sponger Posts: 325
    Basically a great way to get around needing android auto. Much appreciated.
    Denon X7200WA
    LSiM 705 703 704c
    Denon DP 400
    Yamaha CDC 775
  • codycatalist
    Anytime!