Cheap Big Picture

Options
So, got a fairly cheap projector and pull down screen for the occasional movie and ball game. $250.00 all in. Not perfect, but definitely watchable. Cant have too much ambient light tho.ms4gabmb3tqx.jpg

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Nothing like Kung Fu on the big screen :)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Nothing like Kung Fu on the big screen :)

It's Predators, but def down with some Kung Fu Fighting!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    My apologies, haven't seen that one yet. It's on the list though.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I've been keeping an eye out for a cheap hi-def projector for like superbowl parties and such. I also have some Halloween DVD special effect stuff I'd like to play with.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • deronb1
    Options
    This is an ABOX. Chinese for sure. Had to send the first one back due to a software issue, but the replacement has been ok so far. 1080p (supposedly). Had decent reviews. Don't regret it so far. The screen has a 1.3 gain.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yeah I bought a throw away $60 projector, QKK I believe the brand was. It is a little laggy in the picture sometimes but it is clear and does the job. I hooked the 3.5mm out to RCA and bought a throw away receiver from Goodwill with some extra speakers and a sub. Nice little garage home theater that takes all of 10 min to set up.

It does have an internal speaker which for the size and being integrated isn't too bad at all.

Screensize I have tested it with 120'' - 170'', both were fine to me.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    BenQ makes some nice PJs for $600 or less. I only use mine out in the patio with a 18’ diagonal pull down screen mounted under the eaves. Screen was $100 on CL. We thoroughly enjoy this. Sunday night and Monday night NFL games outside in the fall are also welcome. Good luck. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • deronb1
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    BenQ makes some nice PJs for $600 or less. I only use mine out in the patio with a 18’ diagonal pull down screen mounted under the eaves. Screen was $100 on CL. We thoroughly enjoy this. Sunday night and Monday night NFL games outside in the fall are also welcome. Good luck. D

Ive seen some decent deals for $450 - $500. If this craps out, will suck it up and get a BenQ, Optima or Epson, possibly Viewsonic.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    I’m using a $700 BenQ and love it.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    Nice. If you have never tried watching movie night outdoors. Try it. Just make sure the campfire is low & the wind doesnt rip the screen like ours did. Love it when the stars are out. Enjoy
    Randy/Maine