Tortuga Audio LDR Passive Preamp + LPSU

doctorcilantro
doctorcilantro Posts: 2,028
edited January 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Build cost me about $900 all said and done.

7y7sb5ogzidh.jpg

Two SE inputs, and two SE outputs.

Built by hobbyist Trang Trung in USA, it uses Eichmann and Cardas RCAs, Dueland wiring, and comes with a linear PSU. I will include an Apple remote and some extra power wire you can play around with. Smoked front panels, the LPSU unit has single gold/orange LED when powered on, and the other shows same color LCD screen from Tortuga which displays volume level and other adjustments (i.e. balance, display brightness). Apple remote use is easy, volume up/down, mute, power on off. You can use it to enter the adjustments as well. The unit is a V2, and cannot be further updated. It was sent to back to Morten two years ago when I was in the States to have a calibrated just a preventative maintenance. Unit is well kept in non-smoking home.

Asking $575 net total. Should probably just keep this one on the shelf since it is a top notch pre, but new speakers on the way.

hr70atr8x6u8.jpg
vxx99da92yik.jpg
rc2646yhnzqd.jpg
07b54i8ornkm.jpg
mljat58xq6pa.jpg
s2oqfnosgyeq.jpg
my0gfpb37pxz.jpg
m08506abh27v.jpg
qvn9n3lxubmf.jpg
For Sale 2019:
Tortuga Audio LDR passive preamp
Decware EL34 amp
Allnic H-1201 phono
Zu Union Cubes
iFi iDSD DAC, .5m UBS, iFI Gemini cable, Oyaide Tunami XLR 1.3M, Oyaide Tunami Speaker wire 1.5M, Beyerdynamic DT1990 headphones, PS Audio P3 power center

Comments

• 7y7sb5ogzidh.jpg
    For Sale 2019:
    Decware EL34 amp
    Allnic H-1201 phono
    Zu Union Cubes
    iFi iDSD DAC, .5m UBS, iFI Gemini cable, Oyaide Tunami XLR 1.3M, Oyaide Tunami Speaker wire 1.5M, Beyerdynamic DT1990 headphones, PS Audio P3 power center

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Love the handcrafted look of those pieces! All the components are quality stuff. Nice unit!

For the record, I never heard of Tortuga Audio before. Got my read on, lot's of raves about that little pre! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • bump
    For Sale 2019:
    Decware EL34 amp
    Allnic H-1201 phono
    Zu Union Cubes

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    This thing is stupid beautiful! Good luck Doc!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • thanks, bump
    For Sale 2019:
    Decware EL34 amp
    Allnic H-1201 phono
    Zu Union Cubes

• bump
    For Sale 2019:
    Decware EL34 amp
    Allnic H-1201 phono
    Zu Union Cubes

• bump
    For Sale 2019:
    Decware EL34 amp
    Allnic H-1201 phono
    Zu Union Cubes

• "The unit is a V2, and cannot be further updated. It was sent to back to Morten two years ago when I was in the States to have a calibrated just a preventative maintenance."

I am confused regarding the location of the item and the origination point of the shipping. Are you located in the USA? Does the item ship from a point within the USA?

Thanks in advance,
    Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I believe DocCilantro lives overseas but occasionally travels back to the states for weeks/months at a time.

It was while he was in the US he had it upgraded and then took it back with him on his flight overseas.

But that’s just my guess.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Thanks, and sorry for any confusion. I do live overseas most of the year. But having good luck with a new shipper SMSA which hands off to DHL in the States, also EMS which hands off to USPS.
    For Sale 2019:
    Decware EL34 amp
    Allnic H-1201 phono
    Zu Union Cubes

• bump
    For Sale 2019:
    Decware EL34 amp
    Allnic H-1201 phono
    Zu Union Cubes

• doctorcilantro
    BUMP
    For Sale 2019:
    Decware EL34 amp
    Allnic H-1201 phono
    Zu Union Cubes

• maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    Please check pms.
  • doctorcilantro
    bump
    For Sale 2019:
    Decware EL34 amp
    Allnic H-1201 phono
    Zu Union Cubes