Forum issues/gripes/suggestions/whatever

I know this place has gone through a few remodels, a few knock-downs, but I find the current forum template/whatever to be a little lacking.

I haven't been active for a while, but there are a few things I've run across and am just curious about whether these can be added/modified:

1. Where are people at? It used to be that users could set their location information so people knew where they were from (if they wanted people to know). Looking at items for sale or in WTB is kind of ridiculous because you have no idea whether people are even in the same country as you are.....

2. Date/Time of posts - Can we not see both? From what I can tell it's an either/or, but I can't tell when it changes from time to date. I've seen posts made on threads the same day as others below but some show time and some show date. It's helpful to see if you've just missed someone (they may be active on the forum at the moment or not, but you can at least see when they last posted in the thread without having to go to the main page, look for their icon, then click on them to see when they were last active.....

Anyways, just curious as to the why's (if this is allowed o be asked).
.
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
.
meterdq8.gif

Comments

  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,311
    edited January 16
    Just don’t ask where the System Showcase went.... or the legacy products pages.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

    Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,342
    But it's just sooo easy to use Brett.....

    there is a lot lacking on the vanilla show
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 2,230
    Hey Brett, nice to see you around.

    I shan't argue that the forum software is, um, "lacking" in many ways, but you *can* see the date (and time) of posts by hovering over the timestamp on a post. (I'm assuming you're on a computer; I'm not brave enough to use the mobile site on a phone/tablet.)
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 20,675
    agfrost wrote: »
    Hey Brett, nice to see you around.

    I shan't argue that the forum software is, um, "lacking" in many ways, but you *can* see the date (and time) of posts by hovering over the timestamp on a post. (I'm assuming you're on a computer; I'm not brave enough to use the mobile site on a phone/tablet.)
    [emphasis added]

    Dude!! Who knew?!
    (srsly)
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,203
    brettw22 wrote: »
    I know this place has gone through a few remodels, a few knock-downs, but I find the current forum template/whatever to be a little lacking.

    I haven't been active for a while, but there are a few things I've run across and am just curious about whether these can be added/modified:

    1. Where are people at? It used to be that users could set their location information so people knew where they were from (if they wanted people to know). Looking at items for sale or in WTB is kind of ridiculous because you have no idea whether people are even in the same country as you are.....

    2. Date/Time of posts - Can we not see both? From what I can tell it's an either/or, but I can't tell when it changes from time to date. I've seen posts made on threads the same day as others below but some show time and some show date. It's helpful to see if you've just missed someone (they may be active on the forum at the moment or not, but you can at least see when they last posted in the thread without having to go to the main page, look for their icon, then click on them to see when they were last active.....

    Anyways, just curious as to the why's (if this is allowed o be asked).

    Don't rock the boat, he's watching. :#
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,311
    This place is friggin dead... back in the day, there were conversations going 24/7. There were sometimes 40 members on at 2 in the morning.

    Where is everybody!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

    Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,048
    Run off by the easily offended, the PC police and the way trolls are given free rein while regulars are treated like criminals.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."


  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,396
    edited January 18
    I just noticed Jesse posted, but we can't even see it (again). The over-regulation is another problem, IMO. I have posted a lot less in the last few years due to the over-regulation and the format here on the forum. I do love the members here still. I just wish there was more participation, less regulation and the old format, however. That would make the forum more enjoyable and informative for everyone.

    FYI, this was posted at 3:09A.M. on Jan. 18, 2019, Lol!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....


    "Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

    "Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 20,675
    This place is friggin dead... back in the day, there were conversations going 24/7. There were sometimes 40 members on at 2 in the morning.

    Where is everybody!

    All it takes is one (or two) Australians who like to type...
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,573
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    This place is friggin dead... back in the day, there were conversations going 24/7. There were sometimes 40 members on at 2 in the morning.

    Where is everybody!

    All it takes is one (or two) Australians who like to type...

    LMAO....you can be quite funny Doc.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,342
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    This place is friggin dead... back in the day, there were conversations going 24/7. There were sometimes 40 members on at 2 in the morning.

    Where is everybody!

    All it takes is one (or two) Australians who like to type...

    there you go being divisive .....

    what about the Kiwi's mate? :p :p :p
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 20,675
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    This place is friggin dead... back in the day, there were conversations going 24/7. There were sometimes 40 members on at 2 in the morning.

    Where is everybody!

    All it takes is one (or two) Australians who like to type...

    there you go being divisive .....

    what about the Kiwi's mate? :p :p :p

    mea culpa -- point taken!

    :#
  • george danielgeorge daniel Posts: 11,959
    How about a Texas barbwire polkmatch
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,573
    How about a Texas barbwire polkmatch

    I hate to ask what that is...exactly, but kinda hoping it involves women.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,342
    Glad you asked Tony....
    I don't know about the women aspects but it do sound like there could be a fair amount of pain involved :#
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,573
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Glad you asked Tony....
    I don't know about the women aspects but it do sound like there could be a fair amount of pain involved :#

    Women and pain go together like peas and carrots Ivan.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • verbverb Posts: 4,802
    Frustrating for me is that a lot of the older posts are gone.

    Trying to do some research, on projects of which most of you have been there done that, poof!

    A lot of good information that was out there, is never to be found again.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 20,675
    edited January 18
    verb wrote: »
    Frustrating for me is that a lot of the older posts are gone.

    Trying to do some research, on projects of which most of you have been there done that, poof!

    A lot of good information that was out there, is never to be found again.

    IF you can come up with links to the original (now lost) threads/messages (e.g., you find a broken link to the pre-Vanilla forums), you might find them via the Wayback Machine.

    https://archive.org/index.php

    e.g., :)

    r2t56h3vav2m.png
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,698
    Ah, back when things weren't so SJW....

    Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

    The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!