Finally Stepping in......

First thing,... I would like to thank @vcwatkins and @pitdogg2 and the rest of the members here for allowing me to be included in the group buy.

Hello, My name Doug and i'm a polkaholic....

In 1991, I purchased my first set of polks the 3.1tl (all they had)....only had them about a month, Waiting on the 1.2tl to be delivered..(ordered them same day) Been hooked on polk ever since. I purchased a pair of 2.3tl's a few years ago, They had some upgrades done already. Vr3 Fortress 2("SWEEEET & SEXY") RDO-198's, HNuts, Blackhole, new covers. Last year @westmassguy built my Dreadnought (Beautiful job,Thanks again David). They sound awesome...Looking forward to upgrading the 1.2's. From all the post I've read (LOTS) This seems to be a great place to learn and have fun. Such a great group of talented and knowledgeable members. Happy to be here...Thx Guy's

If this is the right place, I'll post some pics later...

Doug
2 Channel - polk Signature Reference Series 2.3tl's,all upgrades but Larry's Rings,Vpi Scout 1.1, w/ortofon 2m red, custom dust cover,(2)Carver Crimson 275 Tube amps,(built by me at CF2018,running mono), Carver C-11 BillD,Carver SD/A 490t,Carver Tx-11b,polk Omni - 1,Dreadnought 800va (David),Douglas "Bravo" Interconnects,Speaker cables (diy),Monster HTC 5000 Power Center
H/T - polk Signature Reference Series 1.2tl's (rebuilt SL3000's), (2) Carver Silver 9t's (recapped),Carver CT-17,polk A-1 interface,32" Vizio (long story,quit laughing) :D

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,171
    Welcome aboard.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 6,304
    Welcome Doug. Post in the vintage section. This section is for n00bs
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Exclusive Distributor of Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 13,148
    edited January 15
    @KennethSwauger please move this to the vintage section for our great new (old) member.
    Welcome aboard Doug and it's been a pleasure to help you with the 1000va.

Let's see if we can get you to post more old timer, I mean heck you been here longer than myself lol
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 2,568
    Welcome Doug!
    SPEAKERS - ELAC ADANTE AF-61, TOTEM RAINMAKER, SONUS FABER SOLO, DEFINITIVE TECH SM350, MIRAGE OASIS, SONOS PLAY 5 & 1'S, SVS SB16 ULTRA

POWER - PS AUDIO M700, LINN LK240, MARANTZ SR5013

PRE/DACS - PS AUDIO STELLAR GAIN, CAMBRIDGE AUDIO CXN V2

SOURCE - DENON 2910, SONY CDX355, JVC XM448, REGA P2 (MODDED) ANIA CART, REGA FONO MC, XBOX 1 S, TIVO BOLT

POWER/WIRES - AQ NIAGARA 5000, AQ HURRICANE HC (2M), AQ MONSOON HC (2M) , AQ COLORADO XLR (2M & 1M) AND RCAs(1M), AQ VICTORIA(1M), ACOUSTIC ZEN SATORI W JUMPERS(3M), ATLAS EOS PC, WW STRATUS X3/AURORA X1 PC, AQ CARBON HDMIs

MISC- OKKI NOKKI RCM, HARMONY ELITE, SONY 75XBR900E
    Thanks Ken!! :) :)
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,846
    You're welcome!
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 2,253
    Sounds like you belong here! Enjoy your Polks.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,806
    Dang you have all the bigger SDA's Nice!!!! Do you still have the 2.3Tl's?
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room: Teac AI-3000,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,423
    Welcome Doug, You've had the good foresight to purchase some special speakers over the years!
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 779
    Hey, you look familiar...
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
  • skrolskrol Posts: 2,735
    Sweet!
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i

HT:
    Denon AVR-888, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW10, Marantz UD5005, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, TSi100; Pioneer: CT-6R, PL-530; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, Polk: RM7, Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii
  • DNSPY007DNSPY007 Posts: 9
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    DNSPY007 wrote: »
    Thanks guy's for the warm welcome... Looks like i'm in the right place now :) Thanks for the help...It may take me a day or 7 to get the hang of this forum and I will try to break my 14yr record for posts. Here's a shot of my current setup hope you like it, Still a work in progress....

aowo5mka6u8h.jpg

Yep it's official I Hate you......I mean yes those are nice speakers and all but that stack of crappy Carver gear is for the birds man. You need to really step up your game if you're going to hang out with us.....

Emotiva now that is where its at brah.
    :* :* :*

@pitdogg2 That's okay, Most people do. So i'm doing something right, glad to see we're on the same page. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
    2 Channel - polk Signature Reference Series 2.3tl's,all upgrades but Larry's Rings,Vpi Scout 1.1, w/ortofon 2m red, custom dust cover,(2)Carver Crimson 275 Tube amps,(built by me at CF2018,running mono), Carver C-11 BillD,Carver SD/A 490t,Carver Tx-11b,polk Omni - 1,Dreadnought 800va (David),Douglas "Bravo" Interconnects,Speaker cables (diy),Monster HTC 5000 Power Center
    H/T - polk Signature Reference Series 1.2tl's (rebuilt SL3000's), (2) Carver Silver 9t's (recapped),Carver CT-17,polk A-1 interface,32" Vizio (long story,quit laughing) :D
    I really liked my Carver TX11B well until I got a Sansui 719. I liked it even more when I sold the Carver and it paid for the Sansui..... twice :smiley:
    I do miss it a little
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 2,081
    NICE toys....
  • minerminer Posts: 1,187
    you must be single - just guessing
    [
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,423
    DNSPY007 wrote: »
    Thanks guy's for the warm welcome... Looks like i'm in the right place now :) Thanks for the help...It may take me a day or 7 to get the hang of this forum and I will try to break my 14yr record for posts. Here's a shot of my current setup hope you like it, Still a work in progress....

aowo5mka6u8h.jpg

Gorgeous Set-Up, Tubes, Vinyl and SDA's. It just doesn't get much better than that!
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
    Hey Doug I see you have some metal puck riser type feet under some gear. Did you by chance buy those from the seller on eBay years back? I remember there was a guy who made those and sold on that site I always was going to buy some but never got around to it and poof he's gone. They always looked great.
  • monepolkmonepolk Posts: 962
    Nice setup and glad to see you posting.
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,881
    Welcome, Doug, looks like your off to a good start, at least.
    I disabled signatures.
  • honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 2,361
    I’d love to extend a warm welcome (with the exception of the fact that you’ve been a member longer than most of us)
    I too officially hate you!! ;) :D :#
    I had the SD/A-490t tube CD player and loved it. I also had the 390t tube changer prior to that. I had a TX-11 and a TX-11a, but never did find a TX-11b for a reasonable price though. I would love to hear what those amps (the tube and the solid state) sound like paired with those big SRS’s👍🏾
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,881
    Ah, no way, you've been a member since 2004!

I was still listening to .mp3s in 2004, with a baby Onkyo receiver, and some hollow department store speakers. Ah, the good ole days..
    I disabled signatures.
  • honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 2,361
    msg wrote: »

I was still listening to .mp3s in 2004, with a baby Onkyo receiver, and some hollow department store speakers. Ah, the good ole days..

@msg I had my very first experience hearing soundstage depth with a baby Onkyo receiver and some Ohm sound cylinders. ;)
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Hey Doug I see you have some metal puck riser type feet under some gear. Did you by chance buy those from the seller on eBay years back? I remember there was a guy who made those and sold on that site I always was going to buy some but never got around to it and poof he's gone. They always looked great.

@pitdogg2 Yes sir, I purchased 6 sets Yeeeaaarrrs ago. lol Should have gotten more I've looked and looked never found anything similar to those,
    I went with these,,,,,,
    jbhozn57q7yu.jpg

They look alright.. B)
    ckdlvf0ii9j6.jpg
    msg wrote: »

LOL....I know it's sad...but true. Worked out of town, not a lot of time back then, did do some reading though, Great site for information on polks.
    I’d love to extend a warm welcome (with the exception of the fact that you’ve been a member longer than most of us)
    I too officially hate you!! ;) :D :#
    I had the SD/A-490t tube CD player and loved it. I also had the 390t tube changer prior to that. I had a TX-11 and a TX-11a, but never did find a TX-11b for a reasonable price though. I would love to hear what those amps (the tube and the solid state) sound like paired with those big SRS’s👍🏾

I love my 490t's ,swapped OEM tubes to some 63' Bugle Boys (awesome)
    They sound ok right now, One of my goals this year, to get the big boy's finished....
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 6,304
    You really need to get rid of that Carver crap Doug. I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands...
    I know a guy who may be able to use it or tinker with it...
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Exclusive Distributor of Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
    Dibs on the 9T's
    I have 2 pair of the 9t's... :smiley: :p :p

Older setup.....
    iaam3ddvz9gg.jpg
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,171
    I am a bit of a broken record here, but a Pass Labs preamp will transform your setup in ways you need to hear to believe.

BTW, we excel at helping you spend money around here... welcome to the abyss. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”