Florida Audio Expo 2019 - New Show announcement!

Comments

• doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    Most rooms are not stocked with extra inventory, but when I attended Axpona a few years ago many of the vendors were mildly interested in selling the equipment they had demonstrated at the end of the show. (Saves shipping it home) Some of the headphone vendors did have stock to sell and there are usually vinyl sales and possibly cable sales. Also many times you can negotiate a purchase of equipment at a more favorable “show price” to be shipped to you.
    Rick
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Thanks Doc.

I sent Emotiva an email asking if they might be attending. They said they had no plans to attend at this time.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    That's probably for the best.
  • CH46E
    Clipdat wrote: »
    That's probably for the best.

I"ve never heard any of their gear. Wanted to see if it lives upro the hype.
  • CH46E
    You guys think one day is enough to see/hear everything you want???

And im guessing the vendors there on one day will likely be the same the second day?
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    No.

Yes.

Ditto. You got to take your time, get in trouble with a few of the guys, go back and make sure what you heard drunk the first day sounds as good hungover the second day. That's the mark of a truly quality piece of gear. Plus, Clearwater Beach is just 30 mins away.
  • Clipdat
    I like that this show is free admission. Very cool.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    It’s free!? My word, this keeps getting better and better!
  • doctor r
    Most rooms are not stocked with extra inventory, but when I attended Axpona a few years ago many of the vendors were mildly interested in selling the equipment they demonstrated at the end of the show. (Saves shipping it home) Some of the headphone vendors did have stock to sell and there are usually vinyl sales and possibly cable sales. Also many times you can negotiate a purchase of equipment at a more favorable “show price” to be shipped to you.
    Rick
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
  • doctor r
    Hope all have a Happy New year. Looking forward to Florida Audio Expo and meeting a few members.
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
  • doctor r
    The North East Florida Audio Society has a number of members attending and exhibiting in Tampa. We are planning to have a dinner at Berns Steakhouse on Friday evening (probably around 8pm). If anyone would like to join us you are invited. Please let me know soon as reservations are required for dinner and at their dessert establishment upstairs.
    https://bernssteakhouse.com/
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
  • Clipdat
    A little over three weeks away!

Looks like @BackertLabs will be there, room 304. @mlistens03 make sure to check out their excellent preamp.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    doctor r wrote: »
    The North East Florida Audio Society has a number of members attending and exhibiting in Tampa. We are planning to have a dinner at Berns Steakhouse on Friday evening (probably around 8pm). If anyone would like to join us you are invited. Please let me know soon as reservations are required for dinner and at their dessert establishment upstairs.
    https://bernssteakhouse.com/

I'm in Doc... who else is attending?

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mlistens03
    A little over three weeks away!

Looks like @BackertLabs will be there, room 304. @mlistens03 make sure to check out their excellent preamp.

Holy cow, closer than I thought! I have to remind my dad so we can plan to go. :)
    I will!
  • Clipdat
    It sounds like they want you to register for your free tickets in advance: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/florida-audio-expo-tickets-51593268856
  • doctor r
    Yes I believe they are doing a registration to have a head count of attendees for data purposes. As far as dinner I have a few from Jacksonville committed and more contemplating. There are also a couple of exhibitors/manufactures we are awaiting a response from. I’m hoping for 10 or more.
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
  • doctor r
    Start of possible dinner attendees here:
    Doctor r
    Mikey081057
    mlistens03
    Clipdat
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Doctor r
    Mikey081057
    mlistens03
    Clipdat

@Clipdat are you going? Drew, that should be fun! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Sorry for the confusion, I'm not attending, just excited for the show.
  • doctor r
    Ok
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
  • Clipdat
    I'd certainly go if I was in Florida instead of California. :)
  • mlistens03
    Doctor r
    Mikey081057
    mlistens03
    Clipdat

We are going to the show! I'm not sure about dinner afterward though, I'll have to ask my dad if that is doable as well. :)
  • doctor r
    Well after speaking to Berns today they are completely booked for that weekend so the dinner will be rethought...
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
  • CH46E
    I was planning on going for sure. However with the Gov shutdown and the fact I still have to work and dont know when I'll be paid again has me thinking twice about unnecessary expenditures. If we start getting paid again soon I'll be there for sure.
  • Clipdat
    Show is on FRIDAY! @mlistens03 on a scale of 1-10 how excited are you??
  • mlistens03
    edited February 2019
    I'm gonna go with 11. ;)
    And I'm gonna be dragging along one of my friends for the ride! but we can't go more than one afternoon, so I'm probably gonna have to pick and choose which rooms I go to.
    Anybody else going?
    we probably won't make it to the dinner afterwards, but I'd love to meet a couple of you guys there!
  • Clipdat
    In my experience, you'll know within the first few minutes of listening if it's a room you'll want to spend more time in, or rapidly vacate.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    So I am cancelling because I got called away on business this week and getting back Friday night and then back out again on Sunday afternoon...

I was really looking forward to Bern's and after that not being able to get a res.... that kinda lowered my priorities.

:/
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Friends can't go with and buying another amp. Hopefully next year. :-)
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.