Mark Knopfler's latest effort...anybody get it yet?

2»

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Picked up Down the Road a few weeks ago. Really like the new instruments he's working in. I have 5 of his solo albums and like each one in their own right. I use Punish the Monkey and Behind on the Rent from Kill to Get Crimson when demoing.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • reverb
    reverb Posts: 67
    I got 2 copies of it as a result for purchasing tickets to an upcoming show. Played it once and, while no one could argue with the technical prowess, I didn't hear any song that I wanted to revisit. Maybe I should give it another listen. Of course it was superbly mixed and mastered.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    reverb wrote: »
    I got 2 copies of it as a result for purchasing tickets to an upcoming show. Played it once and, while no one could argue with the technical prowess, I didn't hear any song that I wanted to revisit. Maybe I should give it another listen. Of course it was superbly mixed and mastered.

I’ve found after repeated listens his new albums grow and grow on me, to the point where his solo albums are some of my favorites of all time. His albums at least to me aren’t made for quick judgments. Dylan’s new stuff is like that too.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Tracker was an instant hit to me and I agree that this newest one was just OK on first listen but it is getting better all the time.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.