Polk audio command bar

Hi! I got this new Polk audio command bar with Alexa and I can't get Amazon music playing, no problem with radio Tunein or bluetooth. Any idea how to fix?

Comments

• munizv
    munizv Posts: 21
    I've got the same issue here. Further to the OP comment, if I set another Echo as the primary speaker then the music plays just fine but if Command bar is the primary speaker then it says that the music is playing but then silence. Also, if I use the app on my phone to initiate then I get a "failed to initiate playback" error. Please assist as it would be great to have my Christmas present working lol
  • Hello,
    I'm sorry there's a problem. I'll send this to a friend at Polk for assistance.
  • My sound bar cuts in and out connected with the hdmi and optical. Why would that be the case?
  • Just got command bar, it's having trouble connecting to wifi, anyone same issue?
  • Same issue as OP. Command bar will not play music from amazon music.
  • Same issue here too. Command bar will not play music from amazon music but works fine with Tunein . Tried rectifying this issue with Amazon tech support and no luck. Likely a firmware update is needed because other Alexa functions do still work just fine
  • Hello,
    I'll forward this to Polk for you.
  • Hello,
    Do you have Amazon Prime?
  • "I've got the same issue here. Further to the OP comment, if I set another Echo as the primary speaker then the music plays just fine but if Command bar is the primary speaker then it says that the music is playing but then silence. Also, if I use the app on my phone to initiate then I get a "failed to initiate playback" error. Please assist as it would be great to have my Christmas present working lol"

A response from Polk:
    "Is this for Amazon Music? If it is Spotify, have the user try a different Command to initiate Spotify such as a specific command like “Play Ed Sheeran on Spotify”
  • Same problem as OP. Command bar will not play music from Amazon Music.
  • Can you confirm that you are using Amazon Prime.
  • sphowe
    sphowe Posts: 2
    So our new Polk Command Bar with Alexa will not play music from Amazon Music. It’s says it will play when you ask it but then silence. We have full subscription to Amazon Prime and Amazon Music Unlimited and the other three Echo devices in our home play Amazon Music without issue. We thought we had a faulty unit and returned to the store a few days later and exchanged for another new unit but still have the same issue. Alexa does everything else except play the music. Solutions anyone? We are about to give up and just return for refund and buy some other brand of sound bar because this just annoying.
  • munizv
    Can you confirm that you are using Amazon Prime.

Yes, I am using amazon Prime and not using Spotify at all.
  • munizv
    Agreed, this is foolish. Alexa was one of the main selling features of this device. I’ve seen references to similar issues with Sonos bar but that was resolved by simply updating the Sonos skill. And multiple calls to Polk with “we have high call volumes, call back later” is also aggravating.
    sphowe wrote: »
    So our new Polk Command Bar with Alexa will not play music from Amazon Music. It’s says it will play when you ask it but then silence. We have full subscription to Amazon Prime and Amazon Music Unlimited and the other three Echo devices in our home play Amazon Music without issue. We thought we had a faulty unit and returned to the store a few days later and exchanged for another new unit but still have the same issue. Alexa does everything else except play the music. Solutions anyone? We are about to give up and just return for refund and buy some other brand of sound bar because this just annoying.

• I'll relay this information to Polk.
  • The response from Polk:
    "There will be an firmware update pushed out in 1-2 weeks and this issue should be remedied."
  • sphowe
    sphowe Posts: 2
    Our window of opportunity for refund from Best Buy is only 14 days and this has been going on since Dec 26. So a firmware update in 1-2 weeks may be of little help to our problem. If we could be given a firm date that would help us decide whether to even keep the PCB or return for another brand. We would prefer to keep this unit but only if everything works as it should.
  • granul
    granul Posts: 2
    And also this morning I could not play Tunein, the reason why I bough this audio command bar was also to use it for Amazon music.
  • munizv
    Will we get any notification of when this process is done? As of today the issue still persists.
    The response from Polk:
    "There will be an firmware update pushed out in 1-2 weeks and this issue should be remedied."

• Hello,
    Polk always tries to make an announcement, but sometimes not.
  • munizv
    Got an email from Polk that multi room audio was now enabled on my device. Which I assume is an update. But the issue of music not playing still persists. Which makes the multi-room update pretty useless.
    Hello,
    Polk always tries to make an announcement, but sometimes not.

• munizv
    Okay. I’m beyond frustrated. I’ve had this command bar for 3 weeks and still no Amazon Music. Multi room update is useless since it plays on everything but the command bar. And I’ve had nothing from anyone at Polk. And, of course, it’s past the 2 week return period. @KennethSwauger you’ve been very helpful, do I have any recourse here?
  • Hello,
    Am I correct that you are wanting to return your soundbar and that it was purchased from Polk directly? And the reason you want to return it is because it is not Amazon Music capable? Correct?
  • munizv
    I did not purchase it direct from Polk. But at this point I don’t see the point of having an Alexa enabled sound bar that is missing critical Alexa functions. No ability to play Amazon Music, which negates the multi room usefulness since that’s the primary use for it. I already have multiple echo devices, The whole point of this was supposed to be integration. It was certainly never made clear that it was not Amazon music cable, even the advertising on the box has commands to play music. This is clearly not a one off case, as multiple forum members have commented regarding this issue as well
  • I understand, I'll direct this to a friend at Polk and ask him to contact you via email.
  • munizv
    Much appreciated
  • Not a problem, glad to help.
  • Same problem here. I can Bluetooth connect and play music just fine (through Amazon Music even 🙄) but I can’t use voice command and play music directly on the command bar. Super frustrating to see that this has been a problem for over a month and still hasn’t been addressed.
  • munizv
    I’ve updated to the latest version etc. with no resolution. I was emailed by someone regarding this issue with the suggestion that I factory reset. This has made things worse still because, where before it was only amazon music that wasn’t working, now all Alexa functions have stopped working. Every request I make is acceapted and then met with silence. This is incredibly frustrating and I’m out the money because I’m well out of return policy. At this point I will never be buying a Polk product again, and will actively discourage anyone I know from getting one too.
    Same problem here. I can Bluetooth connect and play music just fine (through Amazon Music even 🙄) but I can’t use voice command and play music directly on the command bar. Super frustrating to see that this has been a problem for over a month and still hasn’t been addressed.

• Hi Ken,
    Please send the customer this procedure. This will confirm that the correct firmware is on the surround speakers.

Unplug power from sound bar, subwoofer and surrounds

a) Plug in sound bar

b) Wait for sound bar to boot – the orange LED will stop blinking and turn off

c) Press Power button on the sound bar – furthest right LED should illuminate Orange

d) Press Mute on the bar – LED should now pulse white indicating Mute

e) Plug in subwoofer and surrounds and confirm the LED on the back of the units is solid green

f) Wait about 10 seconds.

g) If there is an update available, the furthest left LED should begin pulsing white indicating the update has started and the LEDs will gradually fill in and show the progress of the update. (If there is no update available, there will be no additional LED activity and indicates everything is up to date)

h) The update can take up to 10 minutes

i) When the update finishes, the furthest right LED will turn green and then all of the LEDs will go Off after about 10 seconds

j) At this point, the update has completed and sound bar is ready to use.

k) Power on the sound bar and play 5.1 content to confirm everything is working properly and there is sound coming out of the bar, sub and surrounds.