Fire TV app

Options
Anyone know of an app on Fire TV that can see music on your network like bubbleUpnp?
Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    maybe plex.

I have used the air pin app but it needs to be controlled by a phone app or the renders software. For iPhone I use the creation5 app to control. Although I rarely stream to the fire tv much anymore and haven’t for a while, so the functionality may have changed.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    My nas has plex built in. I have never activated it. I think i will research the capabilities of plex.

I found VCL but there is no search. You have to scroll through a little over 1k of ripped cds. That's no fun!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Plex is the BOMB. Ryan, myself and others have been using it for a long time!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I've played with PLEX but don' t use it regularly just yet. However, that app can do a ton! I just recently discovered some of its capabilities surfing youtube videos. I have a Fire TV 2nd gen now but plan to build a media server using a nVidia Shield TV.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2