Signature S15 vs. S15E

Hello from Germany.

Today i bought a pair of S15 speakers.
The salesman said that the „E“ Variant is for the „europe“ market and has a different driver installed instead of the normal S15.

There was also a „Normal“ S15 in the showroom for a speacial price because this was a Demonstration pair and there were no packaging anymore.
So i decided to take the „E“ Model for more cash.

After unboxing at home i realize that the bought Modell is NOT the „E“- Modell.
(On the speaker Terminal back is „S15“ printed Not „S15E“

So the question is: what are the differences between these models?
Should i swap or refund.....? Or can i go with this?!

Main use is for Home Cinema (Back Speakers)

Many Thanks.

Comments

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I'd take it back, difference from what I can tell is the finish not the driver's.

USA site has them listed as walnut, black and brown. the Euro site has them as just black and white.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Thank you for your reply.
    I don ´t know but it seems that there are only e-Models on the market in all countries.
    I Skipped to polkaudio.com and there are the „e“ Models marked as „new“. At the German Site also.
    I guess the „E“ could stand for „Enhanced“ for example and seems to be a tec. New Version.
    But as mentioned before i Don ´t know for shure...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,782
    The "E" stands for Europe.

From what I have been able to find it appears only the white colored version carries the "E" on the model identification likely because the white version is only available in Europe while the black version is available there and the USA.

The driver is exactly the same on all versions.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk