Updates! (multiple parts)

Options
To the long timers out there - you all know I've been a long time member and come back to read up on how people are doing. My updates are few and far between, and wordy. Anyways:

It's been a hectic year, and since this has been quite the extended absence from the forums. So extended that my Polk LSiM set is in their original boxes in the attic. At the end of July we closed on our new (to us) home and moved in. My wife was 8 months pregnant at the time, and before anyone feels sorry for her - it was her idea to push us to move into a home ASAP. She had gotten tired of the neighbors that lived directly behind us and basically felt that out back patio was useless since we had to look at them every time we went outside. More on the neighbors....later.

So we moved into a smaller home, we downsized about 600 sq ft. The new home has no theater or provisions for one, but it does gain an office with ZERO closets. I work out of my home office and have all manner of gear that has no where to go except the closet floor which irks me since it's a really nice wood office. It's got one of them fancy coffered (sp?) ceilings and book cases out of the same wood. I didn't have a lot of input into the home, I just paid for it. It backs up to the turnpike about 6-700ft which means there is ZERO possibility of back neighbors and it's on over an acre so it's at a minimum 100ft+ on either side to the neighbors. I gained space, lost sq ft. Our old house sits vacant, with an almost non-existent real estate market. I've still got internet over there so the CCTV works. Hopefully it sells before the first quarter of 2019 is over.

My brother moved with us since we are trying to sell that house. When it sells he is hoping to pay for his custom built home with most of the proceeds. It'll be a huge change, he's lived with us since 2012 and has been an integral part of our family with 3 kids now. My daughter doesn't know what living without my brother around is like - but alas we all have to grow up and my wife wants our home to be only ours.

Audio wise I've tried to sell off almost all of my gear. I've kept my Sonus Fabers and Polk LSiM setup, but the rest of it is up for sale when I get around to it. Life is so hectic I barely want to sell them. The driving factor is to reclaim the space it all takes up. People are low balling me on a lot of it so I just cover it up and let it sit. Also, I don't ship (lazy). I'm sad that in my bedroom there is almost no room for audio anymore. I had the Fabers in my bedroom previously but our bedroom went from 25x27 to 15x15 give or take. We stepped down to a Yamaha YSP-1000 soundbar which works fine, but it's hardly a full set up. It's nice to have the 70" tv up close to the bed instead of looking like an ipad from 10ft away. We have a bonus room upstairs that could totally be a theater, but honestly we are going to use it as the "kids go upstairs (to get away from us)" room. So for them we might do in-walls with a hung TV but nothing special as neither of us parents ever go up there. My wife said the portico garage can be converted into a theater, but let's be real - that probably won't happen. It's more likely that I buy a car since I can say "hey im taking carX today instead" more readily than "I'm going to disappear for 3 hours to the man cave" when there are 3 young kids running around.

The kids. So the beginning of last year I had 1 kid. Now I have 3. My daughter is now 6 and I announced her on here way back when. We tried for 4 years to have #2 and honestly gave up expecting anymore. After all the treatments, medicines, trying, etc - nothing happened. My wife gave up and a few months later we found out we were having Riker (yes, TNG). Cool, had a son, started a new job. Two months into the job my wife tells me we're pregnant again. 3 kids is so much harder than 2, but hey I'd rather have more kids than fewer than we want. So Hayden is here - 10ish months apart from Riker. What's sleep?

So earlier in the year my dad told me he was having chest pains when he walked the neighborhood - but mowed the lawn with zero problems. I told him to get a heart scan since that's obviously a blood flow issue. After finally getting him to go - we find he's got multiple blockages and it's too difficult to get a stent. Bypass surgery was scheduled for Aug 31st and we made preparations for whatever may have come. The day comes and we all go to the hospital - my wife goes to the last prenatal appointment alone since it was routine and my dad's getting his heart worked on. I sit there very aware that this may be the last time I see my dad - even though statistically the surgery is far more successful than not. As he's getting ready to go in my wife calls - the doctor shows far less fluid than should be with the baby and he's got to come out ASAP. So they tell her to get lunch and come back right away as she's probably not eating for a while. Historically her labor is 12+ hours. I leave one hospital with an arm tag and go to take her to lunch, pick up my daughter and drop off my son at my aunts house.

Back to her hospital we go - where my other arm gets a tag. They induce and we wait. Baby's strong but this was really terrible timing. He's not due for another 10 days so we were hardly ready. By ready I mean we didn't have anything packed - in terms of actually having a kid this is the third go around so nothings new. I'm glued to my phone for updates of my father while I am also keeping my wife company. The only thing on TV while we wait from 2pm until 11pm is "Alaskan Bush People". Labor was long, my wife did not want the epidural since the last 2 times they didn't work at all. The doctor somehow convinces her to try a third time. It works, my wife is ecstatic. I'm talking to my friend on chat when they nurse tells us we should try to push. I go over and help - Hayden comes out with 1.5 pushes and I cut the cord. Back to my friend on chat to tell him the news. It's been 5 minutes and 30 seconds. Wife is so happy it took much less time than the last 2. I call the afterbirth chorizo. Seasoned nurses gag. Third time's the charm. I hear from my brother that my dad made it out of surgery and is recovering. It was a 5 hour surgery and instead of 2 bypasses he ended up with 4. They got HD video of it too - that makes me quiet uneasy seeing just how fragile it is especially since it's my father.

I spend 3 days in hospital - we always spend 3 days since Asians are prone to jaundice. Instead of driving home with Hayden we drive directly over to the heart hospital to see my dad. My brother tells me he feels guilty for having his surgery take away from our birth - I tell him we didn't plan it that way and I'm just glad everyone's alive. My dad spends a week in recovery and doesn't take to pain meds well. It causes vertigo and inability to urinate. He goes home but for 2 months I get random calls at midnight to 3am which result in us going to the ER for various reasons. We had two ambulance runs as well. Dad can't sleep, or is in pain, or can't urinate to the point that we have to go to the ER at 1am to cath him. It gets so bad that we finally tell him he needs to come live with us. The ER visits are terrible as it's a 30min drive to his house, then 15 to the ER. If I want to go home it's 30min then another 30 back to the hospital. We have one 2min up the road thats equally capable so it reduces travel time 90%++. He spends one night here and goes home saying he doesn't like it here. I just want my dad strong again - but the dozen ER trips combined with we have a newborn and a 1 year old are literally killing me. I'm so lucky to have a job that gave many many scheduling gaps that allowed me to take care of my dad. My mom had to go back to work since her job is what pays for the insurance. My brother too.
Main Surround -
Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Comments

• nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    In all of this I ask so many doctors why he can't urinate. They all tell me it's mental, as the medications have been switched to ones that don't alter the bladder function. I push after the 8th/9th ER trip to please do more tests. We go to the urologist to get my dad cathed semi-permanently. This was because he actively refused to take most of his medications for fear of not being able to pee. The cath basically made that problem go away so he can take whatever he wants. While there I push the urologist to test for cancer. My wife asked me why I was so worried, almost as if I wanted it to be cancer. I didn't want it to be cancer but what else could it be causing so many issues? They biopsy his prostate in many places, it's stage 2 cancer. On top of that he's having gas-bloating issues that were the cause of at least 2 ER trips. I tell him to get his gall bladder looked at but he swears it's ulcers.

To preface all of this - my dad stopped listening to my mom so I got a call after they fought for hours several times a week. I'm not a medical professional by any means so all I can do is backtrack and get symptoms and research them or call our uncle who is an MD.

We decide to have surgery instead of radiation therapy since that's what the doctor recommends. We decided to have it last Wednesday since my parents are way over their "out of pocket" for 2018 - makes sense. For at least a month my dad was mostly back to normal. To solve the gas bloating I put him on a restrictive diet of pure meats and ensure. It somehow miraculously solved the issue. It was really just a guess on my part - i told my parents to add back items one at a time over many days/weeks so we could identify what upsets his stomach so much. While we wait for the cancer surgery to cut his prostate out he sees a GI doctor. They do an upper GI scope with biopsy and find no ulcers, no celiacs disease and no functional dispepsia. The doc says likely gall bladder. (heh).

So last week we go get his prostate cut out. 2.5hr surgery, laprascopic (sp). He wakes up several hours later and seems OK. He gets up walking the next day and they release him. He's actually able to walk into his home unaided. After that day he goes back to the same issues as before - always in pain, won't take his medications. It's been a difficult few days but I'm hoping that now we know a good course of action that he will heal faster. I truly hope and pray that there are no more cancer sources in him. Tomorrows Christmas and I'm not sure if we'll see them.

So in other news - my neighbors.

On the left of my home the neighbors moved back. Their children had been living in that home for 3 years while the parents were working remotely in central america. Well that run ended and they retired back to the home and kicked the kids out (rent free for 3 years!) I saw them for several months and they're quite awesome. Apparently a job offer came up that was too good to refuse so they came out of retirement and now the home sits vacant until the come back in 3 years again. On the right of me - older gentleman and his wife. She was battling advanced cancer for several years and finally succumbed. The husband has dementia and the family decided to move him to a care center so now that home also sits vacant waiting for his family to move in this coming year.

Behind me - on the left the home went into foreclosure. No idea. Behind me on the right - awesome family that has one of those automated and synchronized Christmas light shows that's caught national attention. Google "Miranda Lights on Talavera". They called me last month asking if I could come do some photo and video work for behind the scenes of some even they had. I went over Nov20 and apparently they filmed an ABC special that will air next year. It was neat, I met some guy named Carter Oosterhouse (??). I provided my Klipsch KP201s for their display since they really toss the sound around.

Now to the back neighbors. For 6 years we lived behind some folks that had zero respect for their neighbors. These folks did whatever they wanted to whomever with zero disregard for anyone. I came out once and their kids were shooting my dogs with airsoft rifles. I went over and knocked on the door - the father answers the door high on whatever and basically walks away without saying a word when I ask them to stop shooting my dogs. My daughter also plays out back. After that incident I installed wireless surveillance cameras that look like little Minions around the outside including the back. One time they brought home ducklings from a pond. When they got tired of the ducklings they tossed them over the fence into my backyard and my daschund chased them around killing 2 before we noticed from inside and saved the rest. They went to a rescue. When they put in a pool 2 years ago they decided to take down the fence between their property and the neighbors and run a backhoe through it. The problem is their neighbor wasn’t home and majority of the side yard was his. They totally destroyed the neighbors yard and he wasn’t even home to do anything about it. After that they decided to take the fence panel down to my back yard with zero notice and dug a 12ft long, 4ft wide 6ft deep hole and just left it open. My daughter plays back there as does my older dog that’s got short legs and is going blind. I filed a police report. They put the fence panel back up and leave the hole. They also dug right through my sprinkler system so when that fired off it flooded the back yard. And since it pulled on the PVC it broke it in many places under the yard. They’ve drained their chlorinated pool into my yard which runs into my french drains and then into the street - to a creek. They’ve resurfaced their pool because they were too dumb to keep the heat on and it damaged their plaster. Well they dumped the plaster and chemicals into a tarp pit and let it leak from their yard into mine. It traveled down the fence line into the old man’s back yard (the one with the wife dying of cancer). It stained their prized garden.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

• nguyendot
    Options
    I asked about getting their phone# so I could call and ask about the damage. Instead they show up at my door at 8pm asking what the hell my problem is. I ask them why in the world they’re draining stuff into my yard. They say I shouldn’t worry about it. Why the hell not? It’s my yard and you’re disposing of everything into it. I tell them they need to clean up the neighbors garden. They offer me money to keep quiet. I tell them NO. Several months pass. My son Riker has to go to the ER for some respiratory issues. While I’m in there the neighbors post int he HOA facebook group a picture where they zoomed into my upstairs bedroom window and take a picture of the Minion camera that’s pointed at my back yard. They accuse us of being creepy and invading their privacy. Irony…..I mean the window next to it is my daughters bedroom. My wife loses her temper and they go at it with the wife over Facebook messenger. Meanwhile I point out that the post right before her accusatory one was another neighbor who had their door kicked in earlier that day and was asking of anyone had CCTV footage overlapping her property. The other HOA members basically roast them. I kept my mouth quiet about all the footage I have of them damaging my property and trespassing. I was very, VERY passive about living behind them since I knew I had to live there. I watched as they spent untold amounts of money not heir pool, cabana, toys, and all manner of idiotic clutter that I had to look at every time I looked out the 2nd story window. I was really waiting until we sold the home to answer the question that kept popping up in our HOA Facebook page: “Why are so many people moving away?”.

So last Tuesday my wife tells me about said neighbor going on huge rants in her groups. We knew she ran an online boutique for kids clothing where she ordered in bulk from China and resold it here for massive products - hence how she funded all those toys. Well one of her rants is about her husband cheating on her and her kids causing stress. Interesting considering they just got back from Disney in their new RV a few days prior. Anyways my wife snoops around all night and then the news hit Thursday evening on every channel. https://kfor.com/2018/12/20/customers-out-hundreds-of-dollars-from-oklahoma-boutique/

My back neighbors are crooks. They weren’t just mean to us - they took advantage of everyone.

Any that’s my EOY 2018 update. This might have been my longest one yet. Happy holidays! Now time to go read up what I’ve missed for 4-6 months!
    Main Surround -

• Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    Options
    Merry Christmas!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Where can I send you the bill?

In all seriousness, congrats on the birth of your two children and on the new home.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    Congratulations on multiple fronts! I know you said it was your wifes idea...but we made a long distance move when my wife was expecting and I started a new job and had to find a suitable house back during the housing bust, so there were limited options because NOBODY was building new houses. Point is 3 major life changing events at once can be mucho stressful. As far as neighbors go....the inconsideration of certain people never ceases to amaze me. Anywho...Merry Christmas and enjoy the holidays with the kids while they are young!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I see why you moved!

I know your old house was beautiful and your neighborhood was beautiful as well.

But when neighbors are bad, awful and mean people with no common courtesy it's a living hell. We either have to eliminate them or move away when there seems to be no other options.

I saw on TV about two neighbors who argued a lot and it boiled up to one shooting the other. The older man wasn't right in the head. Tragic!

What a year you've had. And I thought mine was eventful. Sheesh...I'll bet you grew some grey hairs this past year for sure!

I'm glad everybody in your immediate family are doing pretty good considering.

I know you're going to miss your old home but NOT those weird inconsiderate neighbor behind your old home. Thank God you're attentive and didn't let your kids play out back after they dug up that pit! What's wrong with some people???

I agree...Thank God you had a job that allowed you to try and be there for everybody that needed you there during those hospital jaunts.

WOW...what a year you had. :o

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nguyendot
    Options
    Thanks all, I appreciate the responses. It's been hectic to say the least. I really need to catch back up. Usually I come back after a couple months, post a ONE page update and immediately find something in the classifieds I want to buy.
    Main Surround -

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    I know what you mean. Between folks posting reviews of cool new stuff and selling cool used stuff it’s not a good place for the ole wallet!

Glad to hear you are doing well! I have 4 kids between 4 and 10, so I have some sympathy for you. With twins in the middle I literally did not sleep for more that a 2 hour stretch for at least 6 months. This too shall pass...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • nguyendot
    Options
    Came back again...but nothing that caught my eye to buy this time :/
    Main Surround -

• Tony M
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Give me a minute... ;):)
  • nguyendot
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    Give me a minute... ;):)

Here we go again Tony. Hope you're doing good my friend.
    Main Surround -

• nguyendot
    Options
    So the last time I posted was prior to COVID. Man has that changed the world. Let's see if I can structure this so it doesn't look like word vomit:

We moved to that new house in 2017 and were there for a while. It was a nice house on an acre - so it had a lot of character to it.
    I personally didn't love it and my wife knew that, so randomly in 2021 after coming back from our 6 week vacation she said "let's go look at this house, it has a massive pool". We called a random realtor, looked, and hated it. But that's not all - once you start you can't stop. I got on board with looking at a new house and went from there. Lots of houses we looked at, none I loved. Prices are astronomical. Wife wanted a pool, i wanted a bigger house so I could go work from home without seeing them or hearing them.

Eventually we found a house we liked, it's not perfect but it was the right price with the right features. We gave up on the acre of land however - that was the compromise. Instead there's acres and acres of golf course behind the house. We put ours up for sale and got an offer after a couple months. It was so hard to sell due to the road noise behind the house. The people who put the offer in then made us do all sort of stupid repairs because their inspector was an idiot and called out things he couldn't explain. So I agreed to them anyways. They signed the TRR on a Saturday. The following Tuesday morning (1 business day later) they tried to cancel the contract to purchase - stating we weren't taking the repairs seriously. We had 9 days to close and had JUST got the contractors called to come out and fix everything. Not sure how we couldn't take them seriously with 1 business day..... they had apparently done this to the previous house they put an offer on as well. I told them no, we have a signed contract and I have thousands of dollars of (unnecessary repairs) already being done. Their lawyer gave me a call. It was a hilarious conversation. He demanded I return the earnest money and I told him why? He said we were in breach of contract for not completing the repairs by the close date. We let the close date lapse, they didn't show up to close and all repairs were done with receipts. I forwarded the receipts and reports to their lawyer in an email during our call. I could audibly hear him sigh in the background and then he said "I would have advised them differently had I known about this evidence". E.G. - they lied out their ****$ to get out of a contract and they're known to just go around dicking people on offers. They offered $1000 in earnest money on their first offer AND tried to get all of my appliances ($3500 fridge, $2100 washer/dryer) included AND tried to get 20k off the price. Should have seen the red flags. After that fiasco we went ahead and moved at my wifes request and had the house staged to sell.

It did sell.... in January. 7 months later. I was about to fire my realtor. Everything that had gone wrong was at her suggestion - ugh. One star rating for her.

So let's back it up a little to May 2020. Covid is FULL swing. March 2020 everyone got sent home and we all had to quarantine. I worked from home exclusively anyways - we just didn't do any more in person meetings. Zoom blew up. I was glad to have a stable job that allowed us to keep our home and raise our kids. A random LinkedIn message came from a cybersecurity company asking if I'd be interested in looking. I'd been waiting for this company for 18 months - ever since my coworker and his manager jumped ship and told me how cool it was. Company is the "other" logo on the Petronas/AMG F1 racing team - look at the helmet :). Anyways I jumped at the chance and went onboard with the interview process. 9 interviews later I somehow landed the job. Hell they even paid for the remainder of my vacation since they made the offer while I was in Indiana with the wife visiting her family. Getting hired on was such a huge deal. I had major plans for this place. Then I met the sales person I was paired up with.

This piece of work had it out for me from day 1. I was told he had a friend who applied and I got the job instead. As he was bitter he just gave me all sorts of crap. So he invited me to dinner and drove up from Dallas to do so. I get to the place downtown and he's already visibly inebriated. But most sales guys are that way and usually can handle themselves. For the next 2 hours he berated me, called me a liar multiple times, and most importantly - used intimidation because he had tenure to basically make me feel like crap and do his bidding. Unbeknowest to him, I started taking notes when I realized what was happening. I didn't know if this is how the company was and if I was going to get fired on my first week here because this company is some sort of weird draconian entity. We finished dinner and my hands were shaking. People around us knew this was weird and keep leering over at this guy. Mind you this is also during the huge race riots..... July 2020.

I went to my car, called my friend who helped me get hired on and told him what happened. He was appalled. Absolutely floored that this would happen. He called his old manager, a director at this company and put him on the line with us. I could hear on the other side his blood boiling. Something happened to one of their own. Something else was about to happen. They advised me to complete my notes, go home and talk to my wife, then call my boss. I did that. I wrote dozens of pages of notes. There were details of what he said about me, my coworkers, my boss, everyone. He targeted every single person in the company and even called out my poor taste in TV (Wife and I are watching Married with Children right now, we grew up with it and it's definitely not PC). He called me a liar about even watching it until he asked me who the characters were and I named them off one by one and the actors names. Anyways, told my wife and she was concerned. Called my boss and his jaw hit the floor. Cue the HR stuff - he tells me it's going to be taken care of.

The next day everyone up the chain calls me to profusely apologize and get my story. The VP of the company calls me, tells me to ghost this character and they'd take care of it. HUGE investigation follows - turns out this guy had been treating lots of people like crap but no one ever reported it beyond heresay. They must have seen a minority, 4 days into training reporting a big issue as a huge red flag. 10 days later my boss calls me and tells me I never have to talk to this guy again, he's been removed. This was my first week at this company....oh man the stress. But since then? This has been the most amazing place to be. Good people, good money, and a very very product that I can stand behind. It was a game changer. No one is hovering over my shoulders. I get to go out and do what I love. In between I go build my next stereo and see.

Main Surround -

• nguyendot
    Options
    Back on topic for Polk itself.... I haven't had a chance to mess with audio in so long. This house came with 2 racks. The main living room had some ancient RX-V series Yamaha powering a bunch of NHT speakers. I love NHT, in fact the models they have installed (2.x?) were on my bucket list when I Was much younger. I swapped my Aventage 1080 in and man this setup rocks. They were only missing a subwoofer - so my DefTech 2000 went in wirelessly. The rack has so many wires everywhere, none labeled. I'll have to get in there and cut a bunch out and tidy it up. It's an absolute nightmare. For now we have HDMI to the TV and ARC doing the audio duties. I was trying to lower the projection screen over the TV that came with the house - and when I finally got it to budge we realized the screen was almost the same size as the TV. I guess that screen is getting ripped out. Upstairs is a 120" Elite Screens with a JVC DILA (gen1) projector. It was having handshake issues on HDCP all over so I ripped it out and put my Epson 1080p in its place until I can find a 4k replacement. Still looking for a new receiver for up here, it's got some puny Yamaha Best Buy special in its place for now. It's all NHT as well. I might swap these out for my DefTech or Sonus Faber.

Down the hall is a framed but unfinished attic. It's about 400sq ft. We're going to finish it with its own HVAC and I'll have a dedicated space to listen to music again. It's been 5 years since I had my own space. I can't wait. Luckily I won't need lumber, just drywall so that will save on some costs.

I need to catch up on the forums. I literally pop in, pop out and see what's for sale every few years. Do we still have the trolls? Is the marketplace still decent? I want to try the L series but really need my dedicated space beforehand, and also there are so many other projects that need my attention first. It's a long term goal.

Familys good. No new kids, and won't have any new ones either. Sold my CTS Vsport couple years ago and now I regret it. Bought and sold a BMW 640i in the past 15 months as I put no miles on it and it just sat there. I was hoping to drive it a lot more when I was able to get out - but WFH is here to stay. Bought a 2015 M5 comp back in 2020 as well and it sits there. It's up for sale. No need to pay insurance and maintenance when it sits there. I drive my wifes SLK250 that I bought here for Christmas last year (rebuilt title, got from copart and fixed it up). I just want to enjoy life at home and when it warms out - outside somewhere.

There's more - but I'll split it into another story. Maybe next week, maybe next year :)
    Main Surround -

• Tony M
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hi Tuan.

Thanks for the updates. I'm glad you and your family are still doing fine. :)

Some people are just evil and don't care about other people, unless they can get something from them. Maybe he can go work or hang out with his friend now.

I'm glad you got their lawyer to close their case and move on with their "power" scams. Weird people there. I guess they laugh at people who spend money to appease their wild ideas and then back away.

I always loved hearing your car purchases and trades.

I'll never forget the Goodwill accident you had to twist arms to get that video footage. I'm glad you prevailed on that case too.

I'll email you soon.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story about that super uncomfortable dinner with that drunk ****, what an absolute shitshow. Glad everything turned out positive in the end for you.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Should have just dropped a dime to @tonyb.

He could have put a new pair of shoes on that jackwad.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I believe the Golden Rule is long since vanished from the USA.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    You sure know how to make up for the time you've been away...lol

Welcome back :)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nguyendot
    Options
    I seem to come and go at such an odd interval
    Main Surround -

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    Options
    "The rack has so many wires everywhere, none labeled. I'll have to get in there and cut a bunch out and tidy it up."
    If it was me, I might buy or borrow a toner to see where these cables are going.
    They could come in handy...

NHT speakers are not a bad place to start for HT. (this side of Polk :) )
    I kinda like them.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • nguyendot
    Options
    Most are component cables which are useless. I’ll keep all the network cable but the giant bundles of component won’t be of use ever again.
    SIHAB wrote: »
    "The rack has so many wires everywhere, none labeled. I'll have to get in there and cut a bunch out and tidy it up."
    If it was me, I might buy or borrow a toner to see where these cables are going.
    They could come in handy...

NHT speakers are not a bad place to start for HT. (this side of Polk :) )
    I kinda like them.

Main Surround -

• nguyendot
    Options
    Fast forward a couple months...yes I know I'm about a year or two early for an update. Nothing's changed with the family. We decided to go to Disney World for 10 days instead of buying Christmas gifts. Wow Disney is so expensive. Job's same, hit my quota for the year with 3 months left. Got my office built out in my attic, that was such a pain to deal with contractors. I had to fire my carpenter who was recommended by my wife. His work was great, however his attendance was abysmal. I gave him 3 weeks and it was a 3 day job.
    So I have 450 sq ft extra that I moved my office into and it's been amazing. New carpet (little things....), fully insulated so its really quiet, 2 ton Mini Split (Mitsubishi) heat pump, and fully wired for electric and network every ~8ft or so. I mounted my Sony Master Series OLED 65" and flanked it with my Venere 2.5's on my Classe integrated that another member so graciously gifted me.

Life's good. Now on to the next thing.
    Main Surround -