What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    Changed the batteries....
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    I opened the “Eagles Legacy” vinyl box set my wife got me and cranked it up.

Next up is the White Album box set.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Changed the speaker cables in my bedroom system, which sent my already ailing amp into a tizzy! Oh well I knew this day would come eventually. To the shop she goes. Meanwhile enjoying the living room system 👍
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited December 2018
    Been listening to the small Klipsch/Pro-Ject setup in the front room. Wife got me my favorite Luke Combs album and the A Star is Born soundtrack both on vinyl. Lovin’ it.
    lc5mmb6nevz2.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited December 2018
    @ honestaquarian - No pain, no gain brother!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    Dear diary, returned to Toms today, rewired it to where his stock crossovers are in action on the right speaker. Modified on the left.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Repairs on the Linn's. One driver done three more to do.

fs3d1o5bm90m.jpg

uqr568eisa21.jpg
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Merry Christmas.! I I Decided on new tweeter set up for my M'7s
    hopefully Polk RD-0198 ..while listening to some oldies on RT55's
    M4 - Series 2 - Xover Upgrade - Portable Rig - TP3116 - LiPO4 @ 24V
    M7 - Upgraded to RD0-198 Clarity Caps - NAD 7155 one channel per driver @4 ohm
    RT55i - Cherry NAD D3020
    RT35i - TP-3316
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    wasagatony wrote: »
    Merry Christmas.! I I Decided on new tweeter set up for my M'7s

You've done the TL mod?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    FestYboy wrote: »
    wasagatony wrote: »
    Merry Christmas.! I I Decided on new tweeter set up for my M'7s

You've done the TL mod?

Monitor 7 series 2 came with the sl2500 so RD-0198 would be correct
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    True, but not clarified in initial post.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Irrenhaus wrote: »

fs3d1o5bm90m.jpg

uqr568eisa21.jpg

Nice work!

Here's a fixer-upper project if you get bored.

yjw58hddwupl.png

:p

actually, this driver (coax) had a happy ending, thanks to Great Plains Audio
    https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/a-soon-to-be-proud-duplex-owner.2904/

g8ejfmumla32.png
  • Added a Chromecast Audio but haven't been able to listen to it yet ha.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Does anyone know what native audio from chromecast is? Specifically from IPhone to “x”
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Irrenhaus wrote: »

fs3d1o5bm90m.jpg

uqr568eisa21.jpg

Nice work!

Here's a fixer-upper project if you get bored.

yjw58hddwupl.png

:p

actually, this driver (coax) had a happy ending, thanks to Great Plains Audio
    https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/a-soon-to-be-proud-duplex-owner.2904/

g8ejfmumla32.png

Wow!

That is some seriously fine restoration skills there!

I probably would've passed up on even putting that speaker in my car to take home from where ever. I also have regrettably thrown some FANTASTIC speakers away due to surround rot. What little did I know how easy my speaker repairs would've been. But then again, I didn't want to or couldn't spend 35.00 for the repair surround kits. I was finding speakers that were in great shape for around that much then. BOSE was very popular at that time.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2018
    Troubleshooting excessive cone movement on the Ushers while listening to vinyl. Cheap little phono pre with the subsonic filter engaged tamed the cone movement. Might have to try a belt drive tt to see if there's a difference with the cone movement.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • VR3
    Plugged up the mini utopias to the big rig

8ds82m54x2qx.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Sent the X0.2 to Pass Labs for service and updates.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Try not to ruin it by drooling too much on it when it returns. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Try not to ruin it by drooling too much on it when it returns. :)

What did you have to send in?
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • joecoulson
    VR3 wrote: »
    Plugged up the mini utopias to the big rig

8ds82m54x2qx.jpg

Same ones currently up for sale?
  • VR3
    Yes
  • joecoulson
    Darn it those look good and oh so tempting
  • VR3
    They are a very capable speaker, that's for sure. Hand made in France, beautiful fit and finish. It is very tempting to throw in some premium grade crossover parts given how simple the crossover is... Lol
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    verb wrote: »
    Thinking about my rigs while in Vegas on vacation! :smile:

Drive that C8 prototype down here to L.A. and say hi. I can keep a secret. :p

I’m sure the Statements will fit. For my return trip! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    ^ those times are special for me. They are too far and few between.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    I did this today. I must admit it took a fair amount of contemplating and some prodding from a member here as well to do this deed :D

uqc0gir0hga4.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    I did this today. I must admit it took a fair amount of contemplating and some prodding from a member here as well to do this deed :D

uqc0gir0hga4.jpg

WTH???
    And you did that why?