Favorite Christmas gifts

Options
2»

Comments

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    I had a lot of nice Christmas gifts when I was a kid. nothing ever matched what my mom and daughter did for us in 2011.

A week before Thanksgiving my wife's car blew a head gasket, a couple weeks later we had a major plumbing problem. These cleared out our savings and maxed our one CC. we had no money for gifts and out tree was bare.

My mom heard about it and sent my daughter a nice check. The good elf went and got ton's of gifts and hid them at her boyfriends house. When we came home from Mass that night the tree was full of gifts. the look an my Son and wife's face was priceless.

Cheers
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Sometimes that little angel comes through...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson