Your thoughts on delivery, ups etc....

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Ok, so I scored a Carver m400t Cube....well, I'm tracking it today throught ups.com, and now it sits. On my porch.

I'm not gonna be home for over 3hrs. This isn't the first time I've had a package left, but it just doesn't seem quite right....

Not to mention, we have a decent chance of storms this afternoon....I can see it now, my cube blowing down the street in a good T storm....

Cheers,
Russ

(When I bought my b&w asw500 sub from another individual, it came via 'fedex home', which was evening delivery...I like that)
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited April 2002
    Hell, wait 3 days call UPS and ask where the hell is it! Then file claim on it!smiley_rotflmao.gifsmiley_rotflmao.gifsmiley_rotflmao.gifsmiley_rotflmao.gif
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited April 2002
    ive never had anything i bought damaged from ups. when i bought my carver amp i had it shipped to my fathers house and they did not deliver it without someone being home. alot of people complain about ups,but i have nothing but good service from them.

scott:cool:
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited April 2002
    When you place the order, ask those salemen or whoever you're dealing with, put a "signature required" sticker on the package, without this sticker, the UPS and Fedex guy will leave the package on the front door, I have this happenned to me before, a $2500 receiver left on the front door for 6 hours, since then I have asked for "signature release",it does not cost any extra and no more problem...
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2002
    I've had a pair of old Design Acoustics speakers beat to hell, but they came through on the claim, and fairly quickly too.

Never had a bad experience, just seemed odd today....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited April 2002
    I personally prefer fedex to ship anything, they're service is great, pricing is pretty good, and they are very convieniant (offices everywhere)
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2002
    Oh yeah, get this.

I was tracking my plate amp online. When it showed 'delivered', I called my wife (she's stays at home) and ask her to go to the door and bring it in. I get home 5 hours later and there it is........sitting on the porchsmiley_angry_fire.gif

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited April 2002
    what kind of storms you have there to blow away a heavy amp
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • magic
    magic Posts: 1
    edited April 2002
    Those Tesas tornados would blow his amp away. Of course if his place is hit by one of those the amp would not be his biggest concern.

UPS left a $700 video camera at my neighbors house with a bunch of stuff that they also had delivered the same day. The neighbors did not realize they had my package till the next day. By then I had talked to several people by phone trying to find out what to do because the computer showed the package delivered. Lost a bit of sleep that night! No other problems with ups though.

joe
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2002
    I've often wondered that too.....

I am a bit leary of having UPS just leave stuff on my doorstep I have never had a problem so I guess no biggie I suppose.

I am looking forward to checking out that Carver in person tommorow.....

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited April 2002
    ups never leaves anything on my door step, even when i ask them to leave by back gate in the special instructions.. it is so agravating having to go and get it at the ups terminal even when it is soimething small.. but now i just have my stuff delivered to work, i am always there...
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2002
    but going down to the UPS office is a LOT less hassle then not getting your stuff. I would RATHER go pick it up.......

Perspective, brotha, perspective

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited April 2002
    true, true, true
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • mark g. nelson
    mark g. nelson Posts: 134
    edited April 2002
    I like UPS but I've had my problems. When I ordered my PSW 1200 from Crutchfield The first one was damaged(hole in back of box, bent fins on amp broken knobs). Got a replacement 4 days later. Guess what DAMAGED. (broken grill cover, loose amp, damaged corners). When they shipped the 3rd one I asked for frieght shipping. It took 10 days but no damage. I also talked them down 100 bucks.
    I guess there are some things just to big to send UPS. But Crutchfield should have known better. Also the first two 1200's sat on the porch 3 hours each. Try hiding one of those bad boys under the mat.
    Its just to bad that 2 1200's didn't make it into someones rig.
  • wangotango68
    edited April 2002
    it sounds like you guys are blaming ups for doing there job. if you don't tell them not to leave it there,well guess what they will.
    so don't slame a company for doing there job.

• RuSsMaN
    edited April 2002
    You got some ups stock or some such?

Cheers,
    Russ
  • wangotango68
    edited April 2002
    i have a couple of family members who work for them.

• mark g. nelson
    mark g. nelson Posts: 134
    edited April 2002
    On my 1200 I asked my neighbor who is a big shot at UPS here in SLC what to do. He was the one that said to ask for the freight shipping. He said the 3rd would end up saw dust too.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2002
    UPS has provided great service for me. There was one time when I ordered four new 35" tires for my 4x4... when I got home they were sitting at the bottom of my driveway right at the street. I cannot believe that someone didn't stop and pick them up! I'm a pretty honest guy but when you make it easy enough someone might get the idea.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2002
    They've been at it the longest and I get a little pink slip (turned one in today) that says my package hasn't been in the rain, left to thieves, etc. It doesn't actually say that but you undertand.

2nd I like FedEx. If you're not home when they try to drop it off you can always go to the nearest office and there it is.

3rd is UPS. To the best of my dealings (understanding), you can't pick up a package until a 3rd failed attempt. They once left an uninsured pair of large speakers at my back door. The weather was beautiful, but...
    Make it Funky! :)
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited April 2002
    UPS or Fedex, they have the same services, I you don't want you package to be left on the front door, use the tracking number, call ahead, ask them to hold it at the service center (they called HAL), then you can come and pick it up (I've done that several times if I know at the delivery date and nobody is home) I also wrote a note sometimes to ask the carrier to ask my neighbor to sign for it. Except in some instances such as the heavy package (PSW1200), I would not want to do that (at least 150lbs). However, when I ordered this one from Crutchfield, they sent it via truck( free shipping was offered at that time), and the trucking company always calls and make the appoinment with you for delivery, and they did a very good job, they even carried the box into my living room. BTW, my 55inches projection TV was deliveried the same way...