RTi 4 at Work

Options
mrloren
mrloren Posts: 2,454
Hello,

I am a warehouse manager with a small 5000sqf warehouse. I have two RTi4 wall mounted with an old Sony 12" sub, These are powered by an Sony STR-DA2100ES AVR.

Back up a few years ago. A coworker and I went in on a CL deal for a CSI5 and pair of RTi4. I sold the CSi5 with my RTi8 when I got my Signatures last year.

On Monday I was talking with the guy about my S15, he asked for my T15's, he said they are perfect for a small room. I asked if he was using the cherry RTi4, He said "nope they are sitting on a shelf." perfect trade you. He brought them in today.

Being the perfect employee I am, I installed these before I even opened my email :)

The sony 12" in between the racks,
ncypsq0836hu.jpg

looking up from my desk
ry7urj30ddq0.jpg

Before 7am and when I work weekends this plays nice @ -15db, most of the time it's at -27db. Now I have to bring it down a bit with the Sony Playing A+B.

Rock on

L

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music

Comments

• David7544
    Options
    I have a pair of rti4's. They're on a shelf in a closet upstairs. Those are the best sounding bookshelf speakers I've ever heard. About ten years ago I bought a pair of B&W bookshelf speakers to replace the rti4's because the B&W's were said to be one of the best sounding small speakers. Brought them home, hooked them up, and hated them. To me they sounded loud, harsh, and annoying compared to the rti4's. Took them back to best buy a week later. Now have rtia5's. Realize they're not the best speakers in the world but they're good enough for me. Also have a B&W powered sub with 400 wpc. So the polks don't have to do the heavy lifting, freeing them up to just do mid's and high's.